Author Topic: Corona and teamrender for animation  (Read 6756 times)

2015-05-06, 21:56:36

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi all
We tried many times today but all team render clients says missing plugin corona :(
We know that corona can not support team render for still image rendering
is this  situation same when we try to use team render server for multi frame animation via teamrender clients ?

2015-11-25, 21:04:26
Reply #1

cathor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bumping this as we also do animations and get a similar error message. My server says;
"(Error) Render Job failed: Set render engine 'Corona' does not support Team Render". And as you mention i I can also understand that it takes time to implement distributed bucket rendering but most other renderers support the Net render style Team render out of the box. Cant really see the logic behind a renderer not supporting team render on a "per frame basis". As long as the client has the renderer installed it should be able to render a frame.

Very interested i some clarification concerning this. Ondra? Really love working with Corona, such a solid renderer. Great work!  If we would have a chance to try it out for some serious animation you have got yourself a future customer.

Thanks in advance.

2015-12-04, 12:43:36
Reply #2

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very interesting
looks like no one will give any answer for this question

we asked this on may we dont understand that why nobody doesnt give any informaiton for it :( :( :( 

2015-12-16, 10:40:34
Reply #3

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, devs, we need some input on either DR using C4D Team Render or a standalone Corona DR system. For anyone producing many, high-res images or animations the idea that we could render everything on one machine is just not realistic.

Team Render can also support large still images using the tiled cam, so in theory we should be able to DR stills even now.

Obviously a standalone solution (similar to Vray for C4D, but with some actual usable web-based interface) would be preferable and I know this is something that the Corona team will implement in the long-term, but it would be good to hear if there are any thoughts or progress at this stage.

Thanks!

2015-12-16, 17:20:33
Reply #4

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
+1 for the DR client  (if possible for osx too)
I'm fine without any web interface to begin with ;)

2016-04-13, 22:02:26
Reply #5

numenprod

• Users
    • View Profile
I was just about to distribute the Corona plug-in to the farm clients and check to see if TR worked myself, but looks like I saved a couple of ten minutes by checking here first. Absolutely Corona Devs listening, distributed rendering for animations is a must. Another future customer here if Corona can be used with Team Render, otherwise it's just not a usable* render engine.

*for my purposes, anyway, which is entirely animation. It really is a beautiful engine, though, so keep up the great work!.... just add DR functionality

2016-04-14, 08:20:06
Reply #6

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do not have any experience with DR but I would have and idea what the problem here is...

Team rendering was not enabled until A5 as far as i know.
That means this thread was about not working DR with a Corona version (A4.1) that didn't support DR to begin with.

I would give it a try with the new A5 since it should indeed support DR now!

Maybe the devs didn't answer because they knew it would be supported with the coming version (A5)...
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2016-04-14, 12:02:41
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, DR (Team Render) is already available in the A5 version.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-04-14, 13:53:14
Reply #8

gootman

• Active Users
  • Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!
    • View Profile
Can you post detailed instruction how to work with it (Team Render with Corona)? I can`t to start team render (does not turn on another nodes, but ping and tests is fine).
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

2016-04-15, 18:19:01
Reply #9

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Using Corona with TR should'n be any different from using it with C4D - simply setup render machines and hit "Team Render to Picture Viewer". If the renderer does not start on nodes, there are few things to check:
 1. (Obvious) Check you installed plugin on each of your nodes - Corona should print short message with info in log of TR client
 2. Check you have active licence on nodes - plugin won't show any activation window on nodes by default (to prevent problems with some automatization softwares), so you can either activate from full version of C4D or use Corona licence server (it is installed in plugin folder). Another way is described in https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000618549-activating-corona-on-renderfarms-and-computers-without-3ds-max-gui.

If the plugin is both installed and activated and it still doesn't work, please let me know your C4D version and your specs.