Author Topic: [solved] scene wont render thru backburner  (Read 336 times)

2023-06-08, 16:34:59

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have an scene that renders fine locally, with distributed rendering activated. But when I send the scene thru backburner to render on my renderfarm, it won't render.
All the slave have access to the assets, and external references, as usual. It is not my first time using backburner, in fact, all of my renders and animations goes thru backburner.
Did a test with deadline too, and exactly the same problem happened.
3ds max 2023 update 25.3.3.6012
Corona 10 RC1
Forest 8.2.1
Railclone 6.0.7

If you need my scene, I can upload it.

best regards,

leo
« Last Edit: 2023-06-14, 14:17:03 by maru »

2023-06-12, 16:39:29
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry for the delay. I may be wrong, but it seems that 3ds Max is unable to load the USD plugin. My first advice would be to make sure that you have exactly the same version of 3ds Max installed on all the computers. If 3ds Max fails because of a missing plugin, this can sometimes give hard to diagnose issues, like random crashes/exits/loops.

If that doesn't help, I would like you to submit a new support ticket at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
When submitting the ticket, please provide:
- your full DR and Backburner logs - as instructed here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528212265233-Gathering-DR-Logs
- your problematic scene
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-06-13, 13:16:02
Reply #2

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi Maru,
I found the problem, It was a forest pack that was using a railclone as a surface. and this railclone was a hi-poly one.
After unlinking this, the renders went thru!
anyway, I am going to check 3dsmax versions too! just to be sure I dont have different versions intalled.

thanks you!