Author Topic: Beta Tomorrow?  (Read 26504 times)

2017-10-03, 13:03:11
Reply #45

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Thanks for your effort guys but looks like c4d users will still be min 10 step behind from  3dsmax users  :\ 
Hi,
are you trying to actively demotivate our developers? Because you are doing good job at it :/. I see how hard they are working every day to beat the C4D APi, which was never designed to support additional renderers. I can only imagine how demotivating must such messages be :/.

I see many people complaining how are 3dsmax renderers better integrated, not just corona. They usually see some conspiration of developers behind it. The sad reality is that C4D API is just worse than 3dsmax API. Integrating any renderer in C4D is just harder, takes longer, and is more limited.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-03, 13:17:28
Reply #46

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your effort guys but looks like c4d users will still be min 10 step behind from  3dsmax users  :\ 

looks like this need a lot of work to do

this release is not usable for us now  we will cam back to the last version

Kind Regards

Who exactly is "us"? It's working just fine for the majority of "us".. Even in complicated, high poly scenes. (for me at least) This is beyond useless feedback. so unnecessary.

It's just entering the beta stage for gods sake..

2017-10-03, 13:21:08
Reply #47

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
[...]
Who exactly is "us"? It's working just fine for the majority of "us".. Even in complicated, high poly scenes. (for me at least) This is beyond useless feedback. so unnecessary.
[...]

I think he meant his colleagues in the studio...

It's OK to be upset and I understand that Olcay does not want to use the current version until it's more stable. But providing us with useful bugreports is much more constructive in terms of helping us make the plugin more usable!

2017-10-03, 13:23:11
Reply #48

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new version Nikola, the IR is great for new simple scenes and can only get better as the bugs get squashed!

I've uploaded a scene that worked flawlessly in the previous version and crashes immediately on hitting render with the new version.

1507027711_decking-scene-0001.c4d

I'm on Win10 running C4D R19

It uses the forester plugin but I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Cheers

This happened to me when trying to open/render any projects created in the alpha, with the beta versions.

It was an easy fix for me.. I just merged the scene into a new scene in C4D.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-03, 13:37:11 by notalk »

2017-10-03, 13:29:31
Reply #49

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
[...]
[...]

I think he meant his colleagues in the studio...

It's OK to be upset and I understand that Olcay does not want to use the current version until it's more stable. But providing us with useful bugreports is much more constructive in terms of helping us make the plugin more usable!

Exactly my point.. not the least bit constructive. I'm impressed by your composure in dealing with comments like that..  they would drive me insane if i were in your position.

Keep up the great work!!

2017-10-03, 13:30:46
Reply #50

Mac_Mac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I 've just returned to previous version. The newest one is pretty cool but at this moment completly unusable for me...sorry.
It crashed on my old scenes, which were well rendered in the previous version, and on new scenes just with one cube and one light source. I love corona for C4D. It is great, but to be honest I can live without IR. I would prefer have corona with RoundEdges shader, render selected and other things working corectly. These things are more important to me. I would also like to see exclude/include (reflections, refractions, shadows etc.) feature, something like in composition tag but between selected objects. Thanks!
Hi Mac_Mac,

Could you send us the crashing scene? We know it is really simple, but the crash can be caused by a particular combination of values which can reveal a general problem.

Nikola

Sure :)

2017-10-03, 15:38:24
Reply #51

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This happened to me when trying to open/render any projects created in the alpha, with the beta versions.

It was an easy fix for me.. I just merged the scene into a new scene in C4D.

Thanks for this workaround notalk, seems to work in this case.

2017-10-03, 17:02:42
Reply #52

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
are you trying to actively demotivate our developers? Because you are doing good job at it :/. I see how hard they are working every day to beat the C4D APi, which was never designed to support additional renderers. I can only imagine how demotivating must such messages be :/.

I see many people complaining how are 3dsmax renderers better integrated, not just corona. They usually see some conspiration of developers behind it. The sad reality is that C4D API is just worse than 3dsmax API. Integrating any renderer in C4D is just harder, takes longer, and is more limited.

Hi Ondra Of course I am not trying to demotivate developers  unlike we are((we: me and my company))  always ready for help  as I said before here and also as I did before
Many times we sended emails for this reason maybe  developers need more heavy and complex sceenes for testing here we have tthousands of complex scenees  we said if you need we can send them also but nobody did not want us to do something... So if I am writing here like those kind of words is it because we are lositng our motivation to using Corona daily 
if you can look our webside you will see that last 2 years we did many sucsessfull jobs with using Corona... I means we really want to use Corona in our all works  in future also . After all that if you really believe I am trying to demotivate developers? and than maybe you can contact with me via by my email maybe I can find a way to change your mind :)) 

Before many times in this forum I said we realy love corona and we are still happy with it .But you must accept that especially last one year(after aplha5) developing "corona for C4D" was little slower than before. we not started to use this render engine one week ago :) so we can understand the differences between developing process. We sended a lot of time bug report area or here bugs about corona but those bugs  are still with us and sometimes with some daily releases it is more worse then before.... Every morning our first job is looking daily page and refreshing it maybe there is a new version...After trying new versions I think it is very normal  if we are sad about when we realise that those "bugs" still not fixed... Believe me last one year we(me and some of another CG artists aroound me) was feeling this sadness all the time. On the other hand,  another thing that upsets us is that we learned that "vray" bought "corona" So a lot of CG artist around me here started to think that Corona will die in future . I can not say that I did not justify them, because if a program in the CG community buys another program, the purchased program has never been good for the future. It was always what happened in the past, please correct me if I think wrong.

So... After those kind of negative thoughts  it is very normal to write here some of my negative words but  I apologize if my words were very offensive to others.....
if you say "Olcay" please do not write anything here again. I can keep my mouth closed forever :). But please take note of what we have said above because we have been using this program for a long time and planing to use it as well So after this moment maybe Developers can decide to test Corona not only with themselves but also with our help..  And than maybe we can put here more and usefull releases...

For now this is all What I want to say 

Thanks for your effort

Kind Regars

Olcay KAYIHAN

2017-10-03, 17:22:04
Reply #53

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It is not that we do not want to see anything negative, it was just the way it looked (or the way I understood it) - that c4d will be always behind. Lets illustrate with difference between these two sentences:
1) You did the job poorly
2) You will never do the job right

The first one might be very direct and harsh, but it is just a fact. The second one - that is just offensive and demotivating. I understood your message as the second one, even though it might not be your intention
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-03, 17:40:52
Reply #54

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is not that we do not want to see anything negative, it was just the way it looked (or the way I understood it) - that c4d will be always behind. Lets illustrate with difference between these two sentences:
1) You did the job poorly
2) You will never do the job right

The first one might be very direct and harsh, but it is just a fact. The second one - that is just offensive and demotivating. I understood your message as the second one, even though it might not be your intention

yeah 
it was not my intention but I hope you got my message....
I dont want to harsh I want to help and we are ready for help
 those all what I write my real feelings now  Maybe I must choose another words I dont know but they are real...

2017-10-03, 17:48:10
Reply #55

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra Of course I am not trying to demotivate developers [...]

Thanks for your thoughts, Olcay!

Don't worry, we're not demotivated :-) Quite the contrary, actually. We are finishing the Interactive Rendering project, which cost us a lot of effort and which has stalled the development of the plugin for some time now, so good times are ahead of us! But you can surely understand that if there is some type of negative comments over and over again, it can make us sad for a moment and that's what made Ondra so jumpy.

I understand your concerns and I know it can be frustrating to see the same bugs reappear or not be fixed, but as said before, we concentrated our efforts on IR now and couldn't do much else. We will be able to do some bug fixing now, especially with the help of you guys, the awesome Corona community. I personally am always very grateful for every single bug report, because it helps us discover stuff that we might never come across. Believe it or not, we don't use C4D so much as you do guys, so it's easier for you to spot a bug than for us.

About the merger with VRay - there already has been a lot of words being said about that. Let me just say one thing - all the fears and worries are kind of understandable, but only time can prove them wrong, so bear with us, please!

Don't worry, you were not really offensive, just unconstructive, I'd say. But this longer post that you wrote is actually a better way to share your worries and thoughts, so thank you for it! Olcay, please DO write here again! :-)

Regards,

Cestmir Houska

2017-10-03, 17:55:27
Reply #56

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Well played everyone :)

Kind of on the topic and kind of not, I have been meaning to ask if the C4D API is getting any better / more documented with the recent releases? With the new viewport and the new core I am wondering if the API and the documentation is getting any more dev friendly?

I'm just curious, as always :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-10-03, 18:10:25
Reply #57

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra Of course I am not trying to demotivate developers [...]

Thanks for your thoughts, Olcay!

Don't worry, we're not demotivated :-) Quite the contrary, actually. We are finishing the Interactive Rendering project, which cost us a lot of effort and which has stalled the development of the plugin for some time now, so good times are ahead of us! But you can surely understand that if there is some type of negative comments over and over again, it can make us sad for a moment and that's what made Ondra so jumpy.

I understand your concerns and I know it can be frustrating to see the same bugs reappear or not be fixed, but as said before, we concentrated our efforts on IR now and couldn't do much else. We will be able to do some bug fixing now, especially with the help of you guys, the awesome Corona community. I personally am always very grateful for every single bug report, because it helps us discover stuff that we might never come across. Believe it or not, we don't use C4D so much as you do guys, so it's easier for you to spot a bug than for us.

About the merger with VRay - there already has been a lot of words being said about that. Let me just say one thing - all the fears and worries are kind of understandable, but only time can prove them wrong, so bear with us, please!

Don't worry, you were not really offensive, just unconstructive, I'd say. But this longer post that you wrote is actually a better way to share your worries and thoughts, so thank you for it! Olcay, please DO write here again! :-)

Regards,

Cestmir Houska

Thank you for your kindly answer :) 

you are guessing that we spend our every day with Corona like you , and of course we have some positive and negative thoughts on this issue. if it is not problem   I would like to share my thoughts with you all the time :D

another think abouth merger with vray is ok  we will see  as you said only time can show us what will happen in future and I hope I am wrong  in my guess 

Good luck for developing and as you know we are here for any helping

and next time please dont make any test with  only one cube and one light on the scene :DD  I can sen to you more complex ones :D

Kind Regards

Olcay KAYIHAN

2017-10-03, 19:19:15
Reply #58

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The way C4D handles things seems to be pretty different from the way Max handles them. Well, Max is kind of industry standard now, if C4D had been there before it, things might be the other way round now ;)
Also, it seems to be hard to make use of the new viewport properties with external renderers, because of a poor documentation - no chance to blame the Corona team here (or the VrayforC4D one).
Being a former user of VrayforC4D (well, I still use 1.9 occasionally, but since I am stuck with R17 there, I use it less and less), I had more than one "discussion" with Stefan (Illab, the boss of the VrayforC4D team) about how things evolve with "our" version of Vray. It seems that devs have to "hack" into OpenGL as C4D uses it to improve the representation of models with "foreign" materials in the viewport (forgive my clumsy wording, I am not a coder, except for 3 or 4 line of Python I may have written ;))
Especially with material stacking, which is a dear and needed feature for me, I see some big issues coming to the Corona team. Stefan (also more than once ;)) explained to me that for making stacking work with polygon selections (which is essential workflow in C4D), C4D would have to suppord mapping per material channel. So, up to now, VrayforC4d still lacks this ability.

Please, Corona team, show your new "partners" how things are done properly ;)

All the best,
Michael

2017-10-04, 16:10:07
Reply #59

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new version Nikola, the IR is great for new simple scenes and can only get better as the bugs get squashed!

I've uploaded a scene that worked flawlessly in the previous version and crashes immediately on hitting render with the new version.

1507027711_decking-scene-0001.c4d

I'm on Win10 running C4D R19

It uses the forester plugin but I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Cheers

Hi 4b4,

thank you for the scene. I successfully reproduced the bug and I am looking what is the problem now.

Nikola