Author Topic: RC3 4 times slower than RC1  (Read 3069 times)

2016-12-01, 12:04:29

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We tested again and the result is same

All problems that I described before in this topic       https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13872.0.html           is still here

I attached two picture that you can see how rc3 is slower than rc1

Kind Regards
Olcay KAYIHAN

2016-12-01, 16:33:01
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
have you revised your scene?
do you have a test/sample scene available for others to test?

if you did nothing, a note: often times old settings can disturb & don't fare well with new changes... comes from advice: do not update or switch to new engine while still working on a project

also try to be more thorough in reports, describing problems in detail
think of it, as a forensic scientist... you are an investigator of a bugged scene

tho, thanks for the notice

2016-12-01, 17:50:50
Reply #2

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
have you revised your scene?
do you have a test/sample scene available for others to test?

if you did nothing, a note: often times old settings can disturb & don't fare well with new changes... comes from advice: do not update or switch to new engine while still working on a project

also try to be more thorough in reports, describing problems in detail
think of it, as a forensic scientist... you are an investigator of a bugged scene

tho, thanks for the notice

Thanks for your advise Burnin But I am not a begginer user :)

we tested all things as possible as we can here and we are using daily build also.

after RC1 everthing was not bad except bloom and glare  but  RC2 and RC3 have  interesting problems that we shared in mantis bug tracker with details

only bloom and glare should not be big problem for  rendering we thought

for testing we optimised we changed scenens so results are the same

we are making animation rendering here and we understand that if we use lot of assets in scene like materials and textures especially dowloading assets prosess is very long and passes time is long also as you see 

So when we waiting solution fixing from programers we decided to share this problem cuz it is still have after RC2

Kind Regards

2016-12-02, 03:17:33
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, I don't know you & I don't like to assume or speculate, so i ask questions. :)

Haven't experienced many such problems. Occasionally, while trying to run old scenes, which after revising worked OK.
Could be shaders or any other settings, basically anything... and an answer without a scene file to look into is everything but an answer. Even Corona by itself is a bit slower with all the advancements added. That is why optimizations and improvements are on the road map for 1.6 ;)
Finally when testing, i have material previews locked (since running it is hell of a workflow bugger) and render only via VFB as it is best for now.
I like testing & playing, just hate wasting time on the broken stuff. And the major stuff is still considered broken in my book. Waiting for RC4.

As i have written, not a specific BUG, but thanks for the notice.
That's all.

Stay well!