Author Topic: Corona Renderer 3 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 31946 times)

2018-12-16, 11:23:19
Reply #60

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

When I put a corona light into a cloner it is automatically assigned to group 'rest' in multi channel, even if you put the light into its own channel it is still controlled by rest. Is there any way to get this to work without having to make the clone editable then adding all the lights in to the required channel?

Thanks,

Phil

2018-12-16, 13:44:20
Reply #61

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
yes, add the cloner and the light source in the lightmix pass.

2018-12-16, 13:53:27
Reply #62

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, add the cloner and the light source in the lightmix pass.

I knew somebody would know the answer :) Thanks.

2018-12-17, 16:18:30
Reply #63

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
is noise in the bump-channel only suppose to work in 2d space?

Yes, unfortunately, noise will only work with the UV option now.

2018-12-17, 17:23:42
Reply #64

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I hope this is temporary... One of Corona's strengths is that it fully supports Cinema's procedural shaders.

Are you guys saying that do to the "new" bump mapping implementation you won't be able to use 3D texture mapping of noises and more? I really hope this is not the case...

- S

is noise in the bump-channel only suppose to work in 2d space?

Yes, unfortunately, noise will only work with the UV option now.

2018-12-17, 18:06:01
Reply #65

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I hope this is temporary... One of Corona's strengths is that it fully supports Cinema's procedural shaders.

Are you guys saying that do to the "new" bump mapping implementation you won't be able to use 3D texture mapping of noises and more? I really hope this is not the case...

Hi Shawn,

I'm afraid that this is the case. We can either do all the bump map calculations ourselves and then we're not able to use other modes than 2D UV in noise, or we can use the C4D bump mapping calculations (i.e. the "old" bump mapping code) and support all the options of C4D noise. This is not definite, we might be able to do something about it, but so far it seems like the only possible solution would be to default to the old code for all other modes of C4D noise.

Speaking about the new bump mapping - do you have any other remarks and comments? Something that we should change/fix, etc...?

2018-12-17, 20:42:10
Reply #66

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I just think having real scale values would be nice... Pretty bummed about the loss of 3D mapping.

- Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I'm afraid that this is the case. We can either do all the bump map calculations ourselves and then we're not able to use other modes than 2D UV in noise, or we can use the C4D bump mapping calculations (i.e. the "old" bump mapping code) and support all the options of C4D noise. This is not definite, we might be able to do something about it, but so far it seems like the only possible solution would be to default to the old code for all other modes of C4D noise.

Speaking about the new bump mapping - do you have any other remarks and comments? Something that we should change/fix, etc...?

2018-12-18, 16:05:07
Reply #67

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

When I try to open a CXR in Corona Image Editor I get a message saying 'Cannnot operate with image file' (screenshot attached).

Thanks

2018-12-20, 11:04:16
Reply #68

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
hey guys,

support for psd layers, its naturally availeable in c4d, but not working with corona for now, or?

win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2018-12-20, 20:00:45
Reply #69

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
- By the IR VFB resetting, I suppose you mean the flickering post-processing values, right?

Erm, I haven't run into those in quite a while. What I am experiencing is that once you turn the IR on the settings work. When you turn the IR off and then on again the Post-Processing effects get reset. So basically all the tonemapping, sharpening, curves and so on all of those get reset upon restarting the IR :)

Nejc, I cannot reproduce these issues in the newest version, which is admittedly a bit newer than the newest daily build. Could you tell me how exactly I can reproduce the issue?

2018-12-20, 20:06:14
Reply #70

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
@Corona Team, this will be fixes in next beta or it fine... I am only one who is getting this error...?

Hi Imran, I looked at your video and tried to reproduce the issue with the Bloom and Glare and I found out that there's Bloom and Glare in the Picture Viewer, but not in the VFB! It only updated if I ran with my mouse over the VFB menu. But then next time I tried it, everything was OK and now I can't reproduce the issue anymore...

Do you maybe know how to reproduce this issue 100%? It would help us fix it more quickly.

Also, earlier you were talking about some crash. Are you still getting the crash with the newest daily? If yes, could we get more information? Ideally, the crashing scene or a way to replicate the crash on our computers would be the best.

Thanks for your help, we appreciate it!

2018-12-20, 21:15:17
Reply #71

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks Houska.

Sorry for late, ntt seen... was much busy in jobs....!

I was having here actual file where I was getting Bloom & Glare error.

Using latest beta, and with that file.... same B&G error and few more which I posted earlier also. But render stop crashing is not happening... I think that is fixed.
- To activate B&G in PV, have to enable or disable other post effects tick marks.
- In enable disable other post effect, Background layer disappears, which I posted earlier beta 2 also, and you can see this video also.
- After one render... open other file for IR... c4d crashes. This also I posted in earlier beta 2 I.

For B&G, if you need that file... I can send you.

Hope video (errors.mp4) at DropBox and bug report will help you fix that.

Thanks guys and your support...!

« Last Edit: 2018-12-20, 22:46:02 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-12-21, 11:57:58
Reply #72

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
One more today I found.

in a scene... all object off... keep sun & sky, c4d quitting. a long way it is to search.
I tried many ways to find out but not came to any point.
no texture missing, then I think some problem was in materials, I deleted all, then no quit.

problem in material and c4d quits....!

some bug report adding... see if u can find.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-12-21, 13:54:44
Reply #73

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
- After one render... open other file for IR... c4d crashes. This also I posted in earlier beta 2 I.

Imran, could you please elaborate this? What do you do exactly to make the crash happen? I looked in the beta 2 daily build thread, but couldn't find any IR crash reported by you.

2018-12-21, 15:35:48
Reply #74

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
hey guys,

support for psd layers, its naturally availeable in c4d, but not working with corona for now, or?

You mean the bloom and glare layer sometimes missing? This will happen if you force cancel your render (i.e. click on the "Stop" button multiple times or if you click "Cancel" while denoising). Or do you mean a different issue?