Author Topic: Render a sequence with Hair & Fur crash Max eventually  (Read 2700 times)

2017-08-12, 16:26:53

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

So, after a long time i`m trying corona again (in another pc) and i`m loving it!. Is corona 1.6 for 3ds max 2017. I wanted to render a character with SSS, animated wrinkle displacement (through a sequence of maps) and a set of UDIM textures using a MultiTile map.

The character and it`s cloth sim were all done in maya and bring them into max with alembic.

I set a simple hair (just for test) with Hair&Fur modifier and bake a simulation with it`s native options. Anyways, i let the render to go over night but at the next day i discover that 3ds max crashes and that the render job just last about 80 frames (and i set it to 600).

I try this 3 times, and the last time with "render frame window" uncheck so it render the frames without open the frame buffer window and the result is the same, sometimes it went a bit shorter and it stops before 80 frames.

I verify and all is fine with the scene, i can render (and batch render) with out problem the frames where 3ds max crashes.

I try the same animation but instead of the Hair&Fur modifier i just use a medium/hi res geo for the hair and it renders all night with out problem.., which was more than 200 frames.

Anyways, what could be the issue?

I have a pc with 8 cores, 16GB of ram and windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks
Best Regards
« Last Edit: 2017-08-12, 16:37:11 by yolao »

2017-08-12, 17:12:56
Reply #1

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-08-12, 20:00:51
Reply #2

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you upload a minidump of the crash?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max

mmm.., i wish i knew about this before making those 3 test that i was talking about. I don`t know if i will have time to do another test but if i do i will upload that minidump.

Thanks

2017-09-08, 19:52:12
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
hi, is this still happening? If so, are you running out of memory? there is known memory leak in hair&fur, we lowered it, but we cannot make it completely go away
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-18, 13:38:50
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
inactive, closing. Probably run out of memory
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)