Author Topic: Features Request from 3DS Max to C4D  (Read 3020 times)

2024-03-02, 12:24:25

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,

but the features that are present in 3ds max are very useful, when will they also be integrated into C4D?
- Scene Cleaner
- Object Replacer
- Pivot Placer
- Transform Randomizer
- Open Selection Randomizer
- OSL Shaders
- Corona Multiple Environment Maps
- Corona Rotation Bitmap

Tnx
« Last Edit: 2024-03-04, 17:28:53 by MircoTosti Studio »

2024-03-11, 11:19:02
Reply #1

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
any news about these features that would be very useful in c4d?

2024-03-11, 12:29:13
Reply #2

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, a lot of these can already be done natively (and maybe better) in C4D so it may be unlikely we will see them implemented. OSL shaders have been requested in the past and I'm unsure of the status here. Rotation for Corona bitmaps is already in the pipeline and can be expected to be seen soon :) If you could go into more detail about ''Multiple enviro maps'' that would be great :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-18, 12:44:42
Reply #3

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Beanz,

sorry but how do you replicate the above features natively?
I don't think Corona Power Tools and the Features I listed can be applied in such a direct way as was created by Corona for 3dsmax.
Is it too much if I ask you to provide examples regarding the initial request list? (corona rotation bitmap it's now ok).

Tnx Beanz for all

2024-03-18, 14:09:23
Reply #4

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Howdy! Here are some of my suggestions for the modeling / object placement features:

- Object Replacer -> "Replace with" under tools
- Transform randomizer -> "Dynamic placement tool" or the "Randomize" tool
- Pivot placer -> "Axis Center" tool
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2024-03-18, 14:36:12
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
To add to my colleagues suggestions, the multiple environments in 3ds Max should be the same thing as adding multiple Corona sky objects in a scene.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-19, 12:59:03
Reply #6

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Beanz,

I'm actually saying that the scale/size of the pebbles presets (proxy physical object) is wrong.
If it is gravel I expect this to be of the order of max 3cm in size not 30cm, otherwise it should not be called gravel but stones
« Last Edit: 2024-03-19, 13:42:52 by MircoTosti Studio »

2024-03-19, 13:42:31
Reply #7

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Howdy! Here are some of my suggestions for the modeling / object placement features:

- Object Replacer -> "Replace with" under tools
- Transform randomizer -> "Dynamic placement tool" or the "Randomize" tool
- Pivot placer -> "Axis Center" tool

Hi Nejc,

- you can't change a pivot of corona proxy...
- it would be useful to have a command in tab/list format to replace assets like in 3dsmax (much faster) ... insert it into the already existing corona "Lister Tab"?
- I forgot about the c4d randomize tools, tnx!!! (Here too, giving it a crown tab look like in 3dsmax would be nice and useful) ... insert it into the already existing corona "Lister Tab"?
« Last Edit: 2024-03-19, 15:15:01 by MircoTosti Studio »

2024-03-23, 15:24:34
Reply #8

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"- it would be useful to have a command in tab/list format to replace assets like in 3dsmax (much faster) ... insert it into the already existing corona "Lister Tab"?"

+1

2024-03-25, 14:15:06
Reply #9

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hi Nejc,

- it would be useful to have a command in tab/list format to replace assets like in 3dsmax (much faster) ... insert it into the already existing corona "Lister Tab"?
- I forgot about the c4d randomize tools, tnx!!! (Here too, giving it a crown tab look like in 3dsmax would be nice and useful) ... insert it into the already existing corona "Lister Tab"?

Good points! If I may I'd suggest posting those as separate feature suggestions (topics). That way it'll be easier for the team to monitor them and also ask any questions the devs might have :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2024-03-25, 15:39:35
Reply #10

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
A work around for the proxy pivot might be to use Cinema's pivot tool or a child of a null. I've only tested it briefly and am still trying to figure out the difference between them :/
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-26, 14:11:35
Reply #11

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nejc,

Good points! If I may I'd suggest posting those as separate feature suggestions (topics). That way it'll be easier for the team to monitor them and also ask any questions the devs might have :)

Nejc,
I am very pleased that my post and my considerations are useful. Can you create these individual topics (I don't know how to add them)?

Another very useful thing for all of us at Corona would be that in the multipass there is the possibility of applying the denoise or not with a click to all the multipass levels created without having to select them one by one individually. Is including this function always in the corona "lister" as well as the multipass a bad idea?

2024-04-02, 11:28:44
Reply #12

MircoTosti Studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
little update...

I took a good look at all the potential of the "Corona Power Tools" implemented in 3dsMax and in the end I came to the conclusion that the native functions of c4d are nowhere near the potential of what Corona developed for 3dsmax (amazing work).

Small notes:
  • with Object replacer, in 3dsmax not only can you randomly replace objects by inserting them in the "Object replacer" list, but in addition to seeing in real time the various randoms (seeds) of what you replace you can also select their weight, and all the characteristics in advance as scale material etc etc... FANTASTIC!
  • Scene Cleaner, another AWESOME feature!!.. Yes, in C4D there are ways to clean, but not so immediately and with that list of utilities.
  • Random selection, another really cool feature when used together with "Replace Object"...
  • Pivot Tracer, either you use Benjamin's trick (you always have to position it "by hand") or it will never be possible to modify the Pivot of the Corona Proxies, and this is a big limit in c4d
A little effort guys, insert these features in the Lister or Tab which make their use much easier for everyone.

Another little request:
In the multipass, is it possible to add the function to select the channels with the "check box" and then activate the denoise or not (individually or all together)? We are always forced to select the channels one by one each time and insert denoise or not