Author Topic: Which render farm do you use?  (Read 8791 times)

2015-10-22, 00:07:38
Reply #15

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also 25 render nodes :) economy always

2015-10-24, 07:09:24
Reply #16

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your replies!
I also get 25 render nodes when I tried Rebus Farm. I used economy too

2015-10-27, 20:11:45
Reply #17

EarthMover

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've rendered about 100 stills through Rebus in the past 6 weeks with Corona and Max.  I use mostly a single PC per still on their end which is still twice as fast as my hexacore and cost almost half of what distributed rendering costs.  (Economy)  The wait time to get into a single machine is never more than a few minutes.  The beauty is I can 10+ individual shots uploaded and rendering all at the same time over 10 different machines.  For high volume projects it saves me a ton of time.  Test renders  at 2-3K size are usually under $1 a piece.  My 4K finals at 150 passes are usually only 5 RP on a single machine and take just under and hour.  I've had up to a dozen stills running at once on single machines.  The downside to single machine rendering is that there is no option to resume a render to clean up noise as with distributed. 

I've had a few issues with the Rebus Drop hanging between upload and getting queued, while processing more than one upload at a time, but a simple close and relaunch of the app flushes it out without a problem.   I've never had it fail or have any issues with plugins. 

I've also found with Rebus that, since they store all the scene assets on their server, by creating proxies for all of the non structural scene items, you only have to upload those once.  The more you reduce your file size via proxies, the faster the upload time. (after the initial upload to store the proxies on their server)  For example I just worked on a scene that was 700MB  unpacked (500+ textures and lots of high poly plants) but got it down to under 12MB by converting all the heavy items to Corona Proxy.  The initial upload was 3 hours, but after that, every upload was only a few minutes.  With Corona Proxy, Rebus now feels more like having a home farm and takes away the bottleneck of uploading times

I couldn't be happier with RebusFarm. 

2015-10-28, 11:08:26
Reply #18

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much EarthMover for so detailed information about your experience in using a Rebus Renderfarm! I didn't think about advantages of using rendering on single PC, and always though about distributed rendering. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
One question about Rebus farm I have in my mind - if I have for example 5 cameras in one scene and for pictures from each of them I have to switch on/off some lights, or move objects, or something like that, should I save files with different names for each camera, or I can send file with settings for 1st camera, make changes for 2nd (3rd, 4th, 5th) camera and send the same file to Rebus Renderfarm even if rendering of a picture from 1st camera is not over yet?