Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Feature Requests

VFB zoom in (similar to Real Zoom in vray)

(1/2) > >>

edub:

--- Quote ---Real Zoom – When enabled, scrolling will not function in zooming the pixels of the rendered image but will move closer or further from the rendered geometry.

--- End quote ---

this allows you to do a "2D detail zoom", to check material behavior, etc on a more detailed level. 

CBAS VISUAL:
+1 !

houska:
Hi edub,

I wonder - is it not enough to do the panning and zooming in the viewport instead of directly in the VFB? Or is it suboptimal for some reason?

Nejc Kilar:

--- Quote from: houska on 2019-10-17, 11:13:37 ---Hi edub,

I wonder - is it not enough to do the panning and zooming in the viewport instead of directly in the VFB? Or is it suboptimal for some reason?

--- End quote ---

If I may, I think it comes in handy when you are working from a specific angle and don't want to go out of your current camera just to "zoom in" to see the materials up close.

If I recall correctly this was a feature request for the core team a while back. The whole Real Zoom thing I think started with F-Storm and then V-Ray took up on it so... It is only natural we request it here as well lol :P

edit: Oh and its a +1 from me btw. That being said I do like the current behavior of the IR doing only region renders if you zoom in. Could be introduced as additional functionality when you right click in the VFB with the pick functionality - Similarly as we do focus distance etc now. In fact, thats how V-Ray does it too lol.

houska:
The thing is this is no longer needed in 3DS Max as it has a feature called "Pan and Zoom", which allows for this 2D movement and zoom in the viewport without destroying your camera settings. So we'd have to implement this in the C4D team. No problem with that, it would just take a bit longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version