Author Topic: SR47 // interiors + animation  (Read 5791 times)

2018-11-28, 12:00:34
Reply #15

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
Thank romullus

Just read the helpdesk. Learned something new XD I already new this but I never can remember.

But about speed, I already talked about this. Could we not get a GPU Precise DENOISE. Would it be faster then the CPU one we have now?
Or is that a stupid idea.
Rendering since 2014

2018-11-28, 12:24:55
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't think that's stupid idea at all. Devs already mentioned that they want to make involve GPU for certain tasks. Maybe denoising can be one of those tasks. On the other hand, if both denoising options would operate on GPU, that might mean that workstations with weak graphic card might be left without option to performe denoising at all.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-28, 15:02:00
Reply #17

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
I don't think that's stupid idea at all. Devs already mentioned that they want to make involve GPU for certain tasks. Maybe denoising can be one of those tasks. On the other hand, if both denoising options would operate on GPU, that might mean that workstations with weak graphic card might be left without option to performe denoising at all.

I guess the world is not perfect XD

Maybe on first use Corona can find out which one is faster the CPU or GPU and than set it as default.
Of course that means more development for Corona, Denoise for CPU and GPU. So I guess we stick to CPU for now.
Rendering since 2014