General Category > Hardware

Hardware questions for new puter

<< < (3/3)

FrostKiwi:

--- Quote from: Juraj_Talcik on 2015-02-12, 22:42:29 ---http://pcfoo.com/2014/12/cg-workstation-the-pro-q4-2014/

--- End quote ---
This seems fair and you still basicly buy premium stuff, you can trust. (still too much IMO, but you do buy good and reliable build quality)
If you want to cheap out and dont want to game, throw out the Graphicscard and get something very low end.
The SSD is optional aswell and costs 200 on it's own. Lastly, both cooling solutions are High end and cost both 100$, you can get the Hyper212 EVO for 25$ and get good value, since I presume you are not an overclocking expert.
All in all, you could slice 600$ and still get almost the same corona performance. (just as an option)

What ever you do, do NOT buy anything from that company you got these deals from, you posted eariler - ever.

edit: Why you would want a 750W PSU, is beyond me though O.o

Aldoren:
Well, that exact build is today, in Sweden, 2712$ (Not the same company). But as i said, parts is kinda expensive over here. Guess this link wont tell you that much considering it's mostly in Swedish, but thats how my basket looks anyway. 1$ is 8,40 Kr

Webhallen varukorg

Juraj:

--- Quote from: SairesArt on 2015-02-12, 22:53:56 ---
--- Quote from: Juraj_Talcik on 2015-02-12, 22:42:29 ---http://pcfoo.com/2014/12/cg-workstation-the-pro-q4-2014/

--- End quote ---
This seems fair and you still basicly buy premium stuff, you can trust. (still too much IMO, but you do buy good and reliable build quality)
If you want to cheap out and dont want to game, throw out the Graphicscard and get something very low end.
The SSD is optional aswell and costs 200 on it's own. Lastly, both cooling solutions are High end and cost both 100$, you can get the Hyper212 EVO for 25$ and get good value, since I presume you are not an overclocking expert.
All in all, you could slice 600$ and still get almost the same corona performance. (just as an option)

What ever you do, do NOT buy anything from that company you got these deals from, you posted eariler - ever.

edit: Why you would want a 750W PSU, is beyond me though O.o

--- End quote ---

Yes it could be tweaked, but I can't be bothered to write unique workstation each time in post :- ) And Dimitrious know his stuff a lot, so these are his personal recommendations based on particular budget.

Overclocking today is based purely on sillicon lottery, what sort of chip you will get. It requires no skill, and for the past 2 years, UEFI versions of all major players (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte...) offer one-click overclocking that works.
Therefore it makes no reason to compromise in cooler, every user is capable of running his CPU at fullest capacity.

750W is actually reasonable choice if you want to run CPU at 4.4+ GHz and fully use factory-clocked GPUs like Asus STRIX (970/980), which consume 300W at full power. So does overclocked CPU. Otherwise it can fit in 500 +/- W but,
it often makes sense to get some leeway for additional overhead.

If you don't plan on any gaming, or GPU focused tasks (like other renderers ;- ) or accelerating OpenCL/Cuda apps like Adobe AE when computing lots of footage), even much cheaper GTX750 goes.

Same way can be 512GB SSD swapped for 256.

Also mind that Dimitris suggester "basic" (it's not basic ;- ) ) Asus-A not, Asus-Deluxe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version