Author Topic: Inconsistent Material Exposure  (Read 1506 times)

2022-10-25, 10:37:56

CambridgeCreative

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Since Cinema R26 I have found that the exposure of some materials during rendering differs on both a single machine and team rendering an animation over two PCs. This happens in the render picture viewer and saved images from team render. I have tried removing reflections as i usually use images to create imperfections in materials but this made no difference, hence my now thinking it is the exposure. The problem usually crops up after restarting Cinema then using Corona for a few test renders in picture viewer, then running the rendering of animations that have been in the team render queue. Once started it seems to be present until the end of the rendering.

Corona is set to GI Mode Full and GI Solver UHD. UHD Cache is set to animation but have tried still frame and the problem is still present. Precomputing is set to 'calculate from scratch' and 'discard' as I can't get the render node to load a UHD file as the render node has a different username.

Has anyone else had this problem and know a workaround?

I am currently running Cinema 2023 and using the latest version of Corona Renderer 9. The specs of my 2 PCs are AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 64GB RAM on Windows 10 and an AMD 3990X  Threadripper 128GB on Windows 11.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-25, 10:43:33 by CambridgeCreative »

2022-10-25, 11:33:59
Reply #1

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is a post elsewhere reporting that the camera tag is getting ignored on Team render machines (old bug, fixed, but back again) - would that explain it do you think?

2022-10-25, 11:49:15
Reply #2

CambridgeCreative

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Possibly, but I wasn't sure as some of the materials are absolutely fine but that any camera tags missing would have caused trouble to all materials. I have found that the frames that are badly exposed varies from one render attempt to another on both the server and client machine.