Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Corona Render Test M1 and M1 Max

<< < (3/7) > >>

Philw:
Can be seen just in Activity monitor. Ironically - if energy setting in system preferences is set to Low Power it squeezes out the most CPU usage - setting to High Power drops it to 600-650%.

Definitely some kind of "algorithm" going on.

leo3d:
Why render on Mac, Whyyy ????. Price/Power is ridiculous about Mac Computer
Go for it to RenderFarm

rafaz:

--- Quote from: Philw on 2022-09-01, 18:20:28 ---Can be seen just in Activity monitor. Ironically - if energy setting in system preferences is set to Low Power it squeezes out the most CPU usage - setting to High Power drops it to 600-650%.

Definitely some kind of "algorithm" going on.

--- End quote ---

Philw is right.. I managed to get couple of screenshots one in low power mode and high power:

I dont believe it's temperature issue, mine never get above 80-85ish C.

All my renders are always with the mac plugged in "High power" most of the time the cpu runs full speed and out of nowhere it drops to 650 ~.

Seems like something triggers LOW/High power mode and thats when it drops.

Im on r26

lates daily Aug 30th
Macbook Pro M1 pro 16"

rafaz:
hello all,

I see the new RC1 is out and no mention about the performance issue while hipower mode is on for macs M1, anyone tested this latest build ? Or any Dev could tell us if it was fixed on the latest buid'?

Thx

TomG:
If it's not in the changelog (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36221.msg203964#msg203964) likely nothing changed - sometimes something can be overlooked in the changelog but that is very rare, sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version