Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

window glass material problems

(1/3) > >>

Apache2k:
HI Everybody,
I did search all over how to make the glass material on windows realistic. For some reasons it looks very dull.
I used Reflection and Refraction with default settings. It looks so far the best but the reflections are not even close to realistic window glass reflections.
Any tips?

TomG:
An example of the results you are getting, plus a screen grab of the material, and some information about how you set up the scene (environment lighting, what is in the scene for them to refract/reflect etc) would be essential for anyone to be able to advise on potential ways of improving things :)

Apache2k:
Here is a test scene.
As i wrote, materials are just default, but used the thin ( no refraction option)

Corona sun, corona camera and corona sky. All also basic settings. The only think i'm only interested is the reflections.

romullus:
Hi,
You can't see reflections on windows, because outside is brighter than inside and because of that, reflections are simply overpowered by refractions. You have two options, either place some dark surface behind the window or fake material by setting its fresnel IOR at much higher value, but be aware, that it will look fake, because... it is fake :]

Cinemike:
Plus:
Your basic problem with the reflections is: There is nothing to be reflected!
Using an HDRI with some would be a first step. Trees and buildings outside also help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version