Author Topic: Fade an object  (Read 2730 times)

2019-04-24, 10:44:13

Micka17

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I know the display tag doesn't work with corona but I was wondering if there was a way to fade an entire object with multiple materials without having to link by expresso all the opacity properties of all your materials, which can be very tricky if you have to control different fades of object using the same texture... I don't want to have to duplicate them all.

Is there by any chance, and xpresso way to force the opacity of an object, or to get the display tag to work with corona ?
Or even to turn the checkbox "visible by camera" of the corona compositing tag in a float slider ?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Micka

2019-04-25, 17:08:10
Reply #1

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Subscribed...

I am hoping the display tag can be supported or there is a good workaround.

-Shane

2019-04-25, 21:04:18
Reply #2

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The distance shader would be great for this, unfortunately, it's not available yet for c4d.

2019-04-25, 21:13:53
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The native Proximal shader can do some similar things to the Distance map.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-04-26, 16:40:34
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what's the scenario? can't go with compositing?

2019-04-30, 04:04:31
Reply #5

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Imagine a product animation like a computer mouse where you are revealing the inner working of something.  You fade the cover away, fade the buttons away, fade the mouse wheel, fade the switches, fade the circuit board.  This creates hundreds of extra frames that need to be rendered, a complicated rendering process or takes, extra compositing time etc.  Fading the objects with Corona would make the process so much easier.

-Shane

2019-04-30, 09:52:45
Reply #6

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Imagine a product animation like a computer mouse where you are revealing the inner working of something.  You fade the cover away, fade the buttons away, fade the mouse wheel, fade the switches, fade the circuit board.  This creates hundreds of extra frames that need to be rendered, a complicated rendering process or takes, extra compositing time etc.  Fading the objects with Corona would make the process so much easier.

-Shane

Definitely it would! Had a similar project to dohere as well. In the end I did half in 3ds Max half in C4D because the animating was tough with a lot of things fading in and out. While doable in C4D from the start, just having a material linked to a display tag and then editing that material for a particular camera angle... Uff!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us