Author Topic: Various .29 bugs  (Read 8153 times)

2014-11-08, 04:55:45

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
- When using 10x instances of something heavy (like trees) = 10x translation times, I think this may prove that instances may not be supported yet?
- Render view is not displaying in 32bit

Bugs:
- Selecting objects/faces in viewport, then right click and use Assign New Material > Corona Surface....Maya creates a new corona material, but fails to assign it.
- 3DS max Acceleration structure = Precise. Maya’s default is fast (with only option of Avx, so precise seems to be missing?) Maybe I've got this wrong but I thought I should mention it just in case.
- Time Limit of 60 seems to equal 1 minute and 31 seconds of rendering
- Number of threads changed to 7 in render settings, yet maya.exe during rendering is using 99% cpu.
- There are also a number of render setting discrepancies between 3DS Max and Maya. (Exit Color, Filter type, Sky color) I have uploaded presets for Corona render settings (which include corona sky defaults) but I'm not sure how useful it is :(

Maya 2016
Windows 10

2014-11-08, 19:38:04
Reply #1

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. Instances should be work fine. I'll try it with some heavy geometry.
Can you tell me how do you see that the renderview is not displaying in 32bit?
The settings are very useful, thanks a lot.

2014-11-09, 23:26:06
Reply #2

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you tell me how do you see that the renderview is not displaying in 32bit?

It doesn't seem to expose properly when using the Maya Render exposure controls, like for an interior shot that has the outside sky visible - I'd expect the sky to be the last thing visible with an exposure of -5, but it seems every surface (including the sky) dims at the same time meaning it is only 8/16bit.

It's not the same behaviour as corona for 3ds max in the corona framebuffer, or mental and vray for maya in the maya render view.
Maya 2016
Windows 10

2014-11-10, 10:07:45
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, yes. I fear this will always be a problem. The difference is that the Corona expsure controls are created from the original framebuffer whereas the controls in the maya render view manipulate the final color manipulated image what results in a different image.

The plan is to make the Corona exposure controls interactive and maybe I can check the render windows settings as well.