Author Topic: CORONA RENDER CPU PROBLEM!!  (Read 1378 times)

2023-01-16, 15:17:59

onb.artdesign

• Active Users
  • Interior Architect & Car Designer
    • View Profile
Hello everybody. I have been experiencing the problem for days and could not solve it, I will tell the story. While rendering on my computer with a ryzen 9 5950x 16-core processor and the denoising screen, my CPU speed drops and takes a lot of time. I tried every way. 9 was installed, I installed 8. I uploaded max 2021 2022. it was not enough, win 10 was installed, I did win 11, but still my problem continues. I'm at the point of quitting my job please help me.

2023-01-16, 16:00:50
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What denoising are you using? Did you try to use different denoising? When you say it takes a lot of time, could you be a bit more specific - how many seconds, or minutes it takes from denoising start to finish and at what output resolution? If you're using Nvidia AI denoising, please specify what's your GPU model and graphic drivers state. Thanks.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-01-16, 16:12:59
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
How much RAM do you have, and is there a low RAM warning message? And how much RAM is Corona using according to its own reports, and according to Task Manager in Windows? Running out of RAM causes things to slow down enormously, and denoising requires quite a lot of RAM (more RAM needed the more Render Elements you denoise, and the larger the resolution)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-01-16, 16:57:14
Reply #3

onb.artdesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using corona high quality denoising. Normally, it gives 29 passes as denoising time, while it should be finished in 10 minutes, it gives 1 hour. It was not a problem until 12 projects ago. I started a new project and faced the problems I mentioned and I have this problem in every scene after that. I think my pc system is enough. I have 32gb ram 5950x processor 3070ti video card.

2023-01-16, 17:32:00
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
At any moment during the rendering process or during the denoising process, are you getting an error message from Corona saying "system is running low on RAM"?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-01-16, 17:54:14
Reply #5

onb.artdesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, I don't get such a message, the ram memory is using 80% and it doesn't give a warning. My problem is very complex. i try the scene on another pc, no problem, but i see a problem on my computer. Can materials and objects cause these problems? I tried corona benchmark and now I can't see any question in this. but as I said, while rendering in the first place, my cpu frequency was increasing and decreasing only in the pass transitions, then my cpu frequency was low in denoising mode.

2023-01-16, 19:00:57
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Really does sound like RAM - how many Render Elements do you have that are using denoising, how much RAM is Corona using, how much RAM did the other system that had no problems have, what resolution are you rendering at? BTW you can head to System Settings, enabled Devel/debug mode, head to Performance tab and in the Devel/debug section use "Show memory report" for a more in-depth breakdown of memory use.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-01-16, 19:36:06
Reply #7

onb.artdesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
there is 16 ram in the system that works without problems, my problematic system is 32 ram. I've been struggling with this problem for days. There are no settings left for the computer that I haven't tried. It doesn't give a ram problem, I installed it so that windows 11 performance does not drop in the cores, I installed max from the beginning, but the problem continues. The only thing I suspect is objects coming from outside. even so, it amazes me to try my corrupt scene on another pc and see that it doesn't cause any problems. I can't find a solution and if it goes like this I will be fired by my employer :(

2023-01-16, 20:01:05
Reply #8

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just in case, try to make sure that the CPU is not overheating. You can install a system monitoring software like HWInfo and check the temperatures of the CPU while the problem happens.
Cleaning up the scene with scripts like PruneScene will also be a good idea.
Please check with other scenes as well and see if you get low CPU usage/frequency in all scene, or only for that specific scene.
If it happens only for that specific scene, you can submit a ticket at: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and attach the archive (File > Archive, save with lowest possible Max version) of the scene and we will have a look.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-01-17, 20:43:36
Reply #9

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If the scene works fine as is on another computer and you have ruled out windows and other possible software issues, I think the only reasonable conclusion is that it is hardware related.

The first thing I would test is the ram, since it's the easiest. Are you able to borrow more ram from another computer as a quick test?

2023-01-28, 13:57:02
Reply #10

gorkstudio

• Active Users
  • Achitecture | CG | Visualisation
    • View Profile
    • GorkStudio.com
Hi! Are you solve this problem? I have the same in one scene :|
Gork Studio | CG art visualisation | Architecture
Contact us: just@gork.me or skype kyrios_gorozhanin

2023-01-30, 14:50:52
Reply #11

RecentSpacesSam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A while ago we had an issue on some of our machines where the denoising was pushing the CPU usage so high that they were thermal-throttling themselves.

You may need better cooling in your PC but another option (if you have the knowledge how to) is to reduce your overclock a little bit so that the temperature doesn't go up so high.

Once we changed our OC settings the issue pretty much disappeared.