Author Topic: MayaToCorona "First Try" Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/mayaToCo  (Read 17538 times)

2014-02-17, 13:44:44

ind3x77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi ,

I've tried to install "mayaToCorona" but I can't load the plugin in the plugin-manager receiving the following error:

Code: [Select]
// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/mayaToCorona/plug-ins/mayatocorona.mll
Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

The path to the file is correct an the file exists at the path shown in the error message.

The content of my Maya.env file in the C:\Users\username\Documents\maya\2014-x64 is:

MAYA_MODULE_PATH=C:\mayaToCorona
I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit with Maya 2014. I have also tried starting Maya as Admin receiving the same error.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance

ind3x77

2014-02-17, 14:22:34
Reply #1

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report, I'll check it this evening on my 8.1 machine.

2014-02-17, 23:22:44
Reply #2

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you install the redistributables for VS2013 as recommended in the manual?

2014-02-18, 13:16:41
Reply #3

ind3x77

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-02-18, 14:07:08
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
We got same error at work, yet we made twice sure that MSVS 2013 redistributables are properly installed:

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/mayaToCorona/mayaToCorona/plug-ins/mayatocorona.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
 //
// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
 (mayatocorona) //

Also, i do not think this should be in the manual:

"The implementation of a renderer is quite a lot of work, especially the implementation of shading
networks. Unfortunatly we have a problem here. In 3dsmax or Cinema4d you can sample the shading
network for every rendered sample during rendering. It may be not the very fastest way to use textures
and other nodes, but it works fine. Maya does not offer such an approach on a per sample basis. So the
texturing is quite limited in maya at the moment. We will have to wait until Corona offers a complete
shading network approach like OSL"

Firstly, because Corona will probably not support anything OSLlike in near future, and secondly because there is definitely some other way to do it, renderers like Vray being the proof. Maya is at least as sophisticated shading-wise as 3ds Max, if not better. So you are probably just using some legacy method.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-18, 15:00:38 by Rawalanche »

2014-02-18, 14:34:58
Reply #5

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe you are right. I'll change the manual. I only want to make clear that we have no way to evaluate shading networks in Corona with maya.

All renderers written for maya do a reimplementation of the shading network, from renderman over 3dlight, mentalray, vray, and arnold. There is no other way to implement it. It's a shame. And this means: No shading laguage in Corona --> no shading network from maya.

Concerning your mayaToCorona problem. Did you try to install the vs2012 redistributables as well? The error message mostly appears in cases where a library is missing.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-18, 14:51:44 by haggi »

2014-02-18, 14:59:58
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Maybe you are right. I'll change the manual. I only want to make clear that we have no way to evaluate shading networks in Corona with maya.

All renderers written for maya do a reimplementation of the shading network, from renderman over 3dlight, mentalray, vray, and arnold. There is no other way to implement it. It's a shame. And this means: No shading laguage in Corona --> no shading network from maya.

Concerning your mayaToCorona problem. Did you try to install the vs2012 redistributables as well? The error message mostly appears in cases where a library is missing.

I see, maybe Keymaster can help you with that. I hope, because shading is very important base element of rendering, so it should be as efficient as possible. I will recheck 2012 redistributables, but i do believe they are there as well.

2014-02-18, 15:02:35
Reply #7

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I already had a discussion with keymaster, he couldn't believe that it is not possible, but I have an answer from the Autodesk Developers Network that sampling a shading network is not possible from within a renderer.

2014-02-18, 16:10:55
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I already had a discussion with keymaster, he couldn't believe that it is not possible, but I have an answer from the Autodesk Developers Network that sampling a shading network is not possible from within a renderer.

That hurts to hear. Having briefly used Vray for Maya, i noticed it has it's own textures, but i think it supported some of Maya native ones as well.

2014-02-24, 10:22:04
Reply #9

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Ok, so three different guys on three different workstations with all MSVS versions properly installed at our studio tried to install the plugin, but no one of them succeeded. Always some initialization error. Not sure if the mistake is ours, or on the side of plugin. But if installation is so complex and fragile task, perhaps it could use some installer. ;)

2014-02-24, 10:54:31
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I can provide you with the code for Corona installer, if you sign an NDA
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-24, 11:54:13
Reply #11

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you please send me the output of these python script:

import os
for p in os.environ['MAYA_MODULE_PATH'].split(";"):
    print p
for p in os.environ['PYTHONPATH'].split(";"):
    print p
for p in os.environ['PATH'].split(";"):
    print p

I have installed the plugin on my machine and on a clean win7 machine as well as on a win8.1 machine and on all of them the plugin loaded as expected. If you send me the output, it may help to find the problem.

And could you have a look at the output window, if there appears a more detailed error message? Thanks.

« Last Edit: 2014-02-24, 11:59:28 by haggi »

2014-02-24, 12:24:16
Reply #12

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot. But I fear this would not really help. Because there is almost nothing to install. Unpack and writing one line into the maya.env file should work. And as much as I can see, it worked for most of the others and on all my systems. So we have to find out what's happening here.

2014-02-24, 13:46:50
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot. But I fear this would not really help. Because there is almost nothing to install. Unpack and writing one line into the maya.env file should work. And as much as I can see, it worked for most of the others and on all my systems. So we have to find out what's happening here.
You would be surprised how much are people able to mess up ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)