Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113491 times)

2016-06-01, 10:47:19
Reply #15

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same problem here - licence cannot be activated. (We have Box licence).

I used 45 days of demo to check it out though, and from what I found renderer works like a charm.

2016-06-01, 10:51:38
Reply #16

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also had license not found several days ago, but I just followed instructions in Corona warning window about manually creating txt file with username and password which sorted it out immediately.

2016-06-01, 12:17:57
Reply #17

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
using latest daily build and fair SaaS, there is no license problem here
if I'm not wrong, with 1.4 or before i remember that changing vfb tonemapping values in IR doesn't make vfb do rerendering . but with latest build 1.5, vfb rerender each time I change the vfb tonemapping values.

2016-06-01, 12:24:56
Reply #18

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In my case it still shows that licence has expired and is valid till certain date (in April).
My box licence is active, I've checked it on the customer-zone website.

Making manual activation with activation code - still same effect, licence is valid till  X April 2016.

PS. My first licence expired a few weeks ago and I've bought second one. (automatic subscription)

2016-06-01, 12:43:16
Reply #19

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

2016-06-01, 16:46:47
Reply #20

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Same issue here: latest build 1.5, vfb render updates each time I change the vfb tonemapping values.
Then, I am very glad we have the new filmic tone mapping values, the original Highlight and Contrast values should be left at 1.0 in this case? I am asking cause naturally using the Highlight compress value > 1 + Filmic highlights produce a flat image result instead of leaving it at the default 1.0 value.

Thanks,

Dionysios -
« Last Edit: 2016-06-02, 09:35:06 by Dionysios.TS »

2016-06-02, 17:19:34
Reply #21

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have the same doubt Dionysios.TS, what is the difference between higlight compression and filmic highlights?

2016-06-02, 18:18:16
Reply #22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
i have the same doubt Dionysios.TS, what is the difference between higlight compression and filmic highlights?

At current state, it looks bit weird but of course, they are the same, just "highlight compression" is Reinhard highlight compression, and "filmic highlights" is Filmic highlight compression.

You should use either, there is no point in combining them (although that should work). Perhaps a rollout somewhere in the same tab where you decide on filter type and size could be the choice of color mapping.
Some people already write that filmic implementation here might not suffice or look weird... well, not sure, I've been using filmic mapping for over half a year in VFB+ and it's fantastic and does everything better than Reinhard. But I guess opinions might differ...so both could remain for time.
I too look forward what the general opinion will be.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-06-02, 19:00:44
Reply #23

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yep i agree Juraj_Talcik, i think that both should exist, but the implementation is still a bit confusing..

2016-06-02, 19:09:57
Reply #24

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
But the other value in Filmic (remember, these are two simplified parameters for convenience of use, full filmic has 5 parameters), "Shadows" is not really contrast, I guess this is something from 'toe' on the curve, it's like Shadows in parametric curve adjustments (for example in CameraRaw). It should prevent the washed-out look.

Contrast on other hand is S-curve (or should be !) which should affect everything ( shadows, darks, lights, highlights). So you can definitely use both at same time, they achieve different things.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-06-03, 03:49:54
Reply #25

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Here we go... new daily. Filmic mapping, show material in viewport, bugfixes
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.msg78216.html#msg78216

Cool ! No more using SHELL Material to have Opacity working on Viewport ! Thanks for that !! :)
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2016-06-03, 10:11:42
Reply #26

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Thanks for the feedback but if you move the "Highlights compress" value to zero and you use only the new Filmic one, the highlights are still burned. So I guess the "Highlights compress" should always left on 1.0? But in this case is like using both ones or not?

Thanks,

Dionysio -

2016-06-03, 10:26:31
Reply #27

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks for the feedback but if you move the "Highlights compress" value to zero and you use only the new Filmic one, the highlights are still burned. So I guess the "Highlights compress" should always left on 1.0? But in this case is like using both ones or not?

Thanks,

Dionysio -

No, the default 1.0 is fully linear. I have no idea why the spinner goes bellow it and what is the armageddon look supposed to give. The idea behind re-mapping this parameter for more artist-friendly [0-1] would work here as well :- )

Having it at 1.0 and using filmic is only using filmic.

2016-06-03, 12:51:16
Reply #28

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Thanks! I agree with you...

2016-06-04, 05:08:48
Reply #29

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
some tiff files are loading as grayscale, this happens before with some 1.3 release, it happend again with 1.5 daily, will tray to replicae on other scene.