Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113311 times)

2016-10-11, 14:26:12
Reply #645

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Everything is perfect.

But one strange thing apearing. After the denoising is complete starts this saving+cleaning up thing and 3ds hangs. Not like not responding, something is going on but it is taiking twice as time it took to denoie.

Scene details 5.6 gb of RAM 4 layers of light mixer.

Corona version - release 1.5

Max version - 2014

Does that happen on any other scene or is it just this one? If it's just this scene, could you please share it with us for testing?

It happened yesterday with other scene, but it was RC2 and massive memory overload 35 gb scene.

I will upload scene with mark "Saving+cleaningup problem". May be it was somehow related to process priority+HDD overload.

PS - it happens only on one camera in the scene.

UPD - i lost dropbox link (again) can you pleas share it? Mantis does not alow files over 120MB
« Last Edit: 2016-10-11, 14:35:19 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-10-11, 15:28:25
Reply #646

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
UPD - i lost dropbox link (again) can you pleas share it? Mantis does not alow files over 120MB

https://corona-renderer.com/upload/
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-10-11, 16:29:50
Reply #647

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
Hi, i'm trying to use the CoronaVrWarp but i cant aundestrand how it works....there is some tutorial?
Fat biker bounce better

2016-10-11, 16:38:34
Reply #648

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not yet, but I will be working on one this week! Have you used the desktop Warp Editor previously? Also, as a note, the CoronaVrWarp helper is for Corona VR, so you'd need to be signed up for the beta of that (Android or GearVR currently, iOS to come).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-10-11, 17:15:55
Reply #649

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
With the 1.5 RC4 I have a feeling that the light mixer consumed a large amount of RAM when is used and maybe this isn't only with RC4. Does it start from 1.4 but I'm not really sure? Is there someone with the same experience?

Yeah, LightMix can be pretty memory hungry. For example for 4K resolution you have 256 MB RAM per each LightSelect element. If you have also denoising applied to this element, its 384 MB per element during the rendering + additional 384 MB per element during denoising (768 MB total per element). This scales linearly with the number of pixels, so for 8K resolution, you have up to 3 GB per LightSelect element.

This is something I'd like to address in 1.6. I already have few ideas how to do it, now I just have to find the time to try and implement those ideas :)
I see, thanks. We'll wait for 1.6 and try to be careful using many light elements :)
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2016-10-11, 22:55:52
Reply #650

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well. I wrote about joining to corona vr but still didn.t get answer

2016-10-24, 15:08:40
Reply #651

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know why, but Raytrace Messages window appears when Corona 1.5 is rendering

2016-10-24, 15:32:52
Reply #652

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know why, but Raytrace Messages window appears when Corona 1.5 is rendering
This only happens if you have a raytrace material or map used within the scene. Are you sure you're not using them?

2016-10-24, 15:41:48
Reply #653

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i guess not... If I use Corona messanger would warn me... am I right?

2016-10-24, 15:47:23
Reply #654

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe it's some standard light object or some RTT leftover from older scene or something in enviroment and effects. 3ds Max is big and strange animal...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-10-24, 20:15:50
Reply #655

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Because it was activated when switching to Corona I suspect. It happens allways when rendering even if there is no raytrace material/map used.

1. Change renderer to default scanline renderer.
2. In render setup choose "Raytracer", deactivate "Show Progress Dialog" and "Show Messages".
3. Switch back to Corona

That should do it.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-10-24, 20:26:28
Reply #656

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It also happens if you're X-reffing a scene with this warning (message) activated. The procedure to remove it is like described by Frood, but since this messes up your Corona settings, it would be great to have a direct way to deactivate it, either in Corona or in the material/scene converter.

2016-10-25, 00:18:34
Reply #657

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Because it was activated when switching to Corona I suspect. It happens allways when rendering even if there is no raytrace material/map used.

2. In render setup choose "Raytracer", deactivate "Show Progress Dialog" and "Show Messages".
3. Switch back to Corona

That should do it.

Good Luck

THANKS A LOT )) It helped

2016-10-25, 09:21:02
Reply #658

GabaCGStudio

3. Switch back to Corona

or you can use this maxscript:

RaytraceGlobalSettings showMessages:false showProgressDlg:false enable_raytracing:false enable_antialiasing:false enable_self_reflect_refract:false enable_atmosphere:false enable_objects_in_raytrace_objects:false enable_atmosphere_in_raytrace_objects:false enable_refract_special_effects:false enable_material_id_rendering_support:false

2016-10-25, 12:28:03
Reply #659

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It works on one session with file working... I guess XREFs affects on appearing