Author Topic: A6 RC6 crashing when rendering Region in viewport  (Read 4720 times)

2016-12-22, 16:23:05

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I've been working on a scene and slowlly wraping things up for the final render.
I had to add a few more elements of geometry (simple cylinder + thorus) where things started to take a strange turn.
I get a crash everytime I make a region render, if I delete the newly added geometry everything works fine again.
I haven't even applied the materials on it, so it can't be that.
I've tried to make the objects editable, still crashing.
I've tried to copy the whole scene to a new scene.

I'm getting a bit frustrated cus I can't finish a project that needs to be finished.
Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
matej
« Last Edit: 2016-12-22, 21:16:44 by fla »

2016-12-22, 19:20:44
Reply #1

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm attaching a cleaned up scene.
It seems that it renders fine if I render to picture viewer. But if I render a region a few times in a row it always crashes.
I've never had this issue before. Any ideas?

Thanks
m

2016-12-22, 21:01:57
Reply #2

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm attaching a cleaned up scene.
It seems that it renders fine if I render to picture viewer. But if I render a region a few times in a row it always crashes.
I've never had this issue before. Any ideas?

Thanks
m

Thank you for the scene. I am very sorry for the problem but unfortunately, we are already out of office, so we can't fix the problem now. If you never had this problem before you can download other versions (e.g. Final version or RC5) from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7g1HtV8lD7gMTVEcDR4YnV5cEU.

2016-12-23, 09:44:15
Reply #3

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Hi Fla, i've download ur scene and do some tests. Everythings work well, no crash during rendering etc. The scene u uploaded dont have textures, it's maybe a probleme from urs textures.
Do u use Normal maps ? or displacement ?

Normal maps/displacement make my renders crash sometimes ..

2016-12-23, 11:41:30
Reply #4

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@be_rmi: hey, thanks for your reply!
Actually you're right, when I override the materials it render fine! But it crashes every single time if I don't do that.
I went through all the materials and unchecked displacement, I don't use Normal maps.

2016-12-23, 11:45:11
Reply #5

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I must stress out again that crashing is occurring only when I'm rendering a region in the viewport. Which is esseintial part of my workflow:)

Ps: I've made a mistake by putting this thread to general topic, instead of bugs. Can a moderator move it pls? tnx
« Last Edit: 2016-12-23, 13:02:39 by fla »

2016-12-23, 13:52:34
Reply #6

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I must stress out again that crashing is occurring only when I'm rendering a region in the viewport. Which is esseintial part of my workflow:)

Ps: I've made a mistake by putting this thread to general topic, instead of bugs. Can a moderator move it pls? tnx

And do you use "Render Region" or "Interactive Render Region"? Thank you

2016-12-23, 14:18:13
Reply #7

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@nikolat: I use render region

2016-12-23, 17:08:29
Reply #8

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here's the bug report.

2017-04-24, 13:08:46
Reply #9

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Can you test this with the newest daily builds please? It seems like this could already be fixed...