Author Topic: IR starts up at 2x resolution. Then gets stuck on frame 1 & ignores pass limit  (Read 1661 times)

2020-07-27, 20:15:28

visualdon

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, when running Cinema 4D R21. IR starts up at 2x resolution. Say my scene is 1920x1080, it starts up at 3880x2160. And I can not zoom in or out.

Starting and stopping IR corrects the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and I can zoom between 1:1 and 2:1, 4:1 ratio again etc. But now the IR gets stuck on frame 1, then it ignore the pass limit and keeps going through passes forever. When I scrub though my timeline nothing happens - it stays on frame 1 and keeps adding more passes forever until I press ESC

I have an AMD Ryzen 3950X 16 Core / 32 Threads processor, 64GB RAM.

Thanks.

2020-07-27, 20:20:40
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Which version of Corona?

What is your image upscaling factor? (Corona menu, Preferences, under the Interactive Rendering section)

What is being animated in the scene? Just conventional keyframes for translation, scale and rotation? Or something else like skeletons?

EDIT, PS, you can also tell IR to stop after a certain number of passes if you like, under the Performance Settings of the Corona settings in the Render Settings, change "Max Passes" to some value other than 0
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-27, 20:39:20
Reply #2

visualdon

• Users
    • View Profile
Which version of Corona?

It was happening with the newest v5 that I just downloaded from your site. So I also went back and downloaded corona-4-c4d-hotfix3-win because I know that used to work but I had the same issue this time.

What is your image upscaling factor?

Upscalling was set to 2 for some reason. My initial project was 4k, so the first time I tried to use IR it was actually trying to render at 8k? I think this setting should be set to 1.

What is being animated in the scene? Just conventional keyframes for translation, scale and rotation? Or something else like skeletons?

There are bones/rigged skelon but its only a pose. there no keyframes on them. The main animation is a car moving along a road with a camera attached to it.

EDIT, PS, you can also tell IR to stop after a certain number of passes if you like, under the Performance Settings of the Corona settings in the Render Settings, change "Max Passes" to some value other than 0

I have done this, after starting and stopping IPR this setting is ignored and the passes continue.

2020-07-27, 20:59:20
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Upscaling can sometimes get set to 2 by accident (something to do with the system); it's intended for high dpi displays, so you can render at a lower resolution for IR speed but have the result occupy more space on the screen to see it more easily. Once set to 1, that should stick :)

For the rest, probably best is to submit the scene for us to take a look at. See https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000033461-how-to-report-issues-c4d

IR should always stop after the number set in the Preferences, would be interesting to see a video of it happening (that way we can just be sure we understand the steps you are following, so we can test exactly the same steps here).

Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us