Author Topic: Garverigränd 7  (Read 6307 times)

2018-01-03, 13:25:25

Nguyen Ba Dung

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 4pixos - Architectural Visualization
Hi guys,
Happy New Year 2018 !
Wish you a year full of energy and inspirations.

So to warm up the year and prepare for my first Coronator course of 2018, I did this personal project ( actually revising a scene I did back in 2016 ), a scandinavian loft
The original design can be found here : https://www.houzz.se/projects/2040117/laederfabriken

All the renderings  were pretty much straight out of Frame Buffer, thanks to built-in post tool of Corona

I had chance to test the new Hair and SSS shaders come with Corona 1.7 and I really like the quality and realism, I just hope it can be rendered faster and work better with Hair and Fur in term of UV map

Anyway, check it out and I hope you like it :) Animation is coming soon as well
Cheers !

My Facebook, just in case :)
https://www.facebook.com/allezonyva

2018-01-04, 07:54:22
Reply #1

Thanhluong

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • natrangdesign.com
Beautiful and realistic images. Waiting for your animation.

2018-01-04, 13:23:54
Reply #2

Nguyen Ba Dung

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-01-04, 14:13:23
Reply #3

Flamingo

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
Very nice athmosphere, but I thing that the contrast ist too high. In some dark areas, you are loosing detail. Do you think, this is real?

2018-01-05, 02:51:48
Reply #4

Nguyen Ba Dung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice athmosphere, but I thing that the contrast ist too high. In some dark areas, you are loosing detail. Do you think, this is real?
Thank you for your comments.
But the contrast isn't too high. We just can't see all the details in dark area, and it's a normal thing in photography

2018-01-05, 17:20:07
Reply #5

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Really love this set of images, congratulations !
The floor in third render is amazing (ExtremeTextures insn't it ?) : you made a special spec map for the used effect on the left ?
Congrats !
Roland
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2018-01-06, 02:56:56
Reply #6

Nguyen Ba Dung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really love this set of images, congratulations !
The floor in third render is amazing (ExtremeTextures insn't it ?) : you made a special spec map for the used effect on the left ?
Congrats !
Roland
Hi, thank you
Actually, the floor texture was not from extremetextures, i just found it in my library, please find attached.
The dirt and used effects was created with the help of mix map and a dirt map

Best,
Dung

2018-01-06, 12:17:28
Reply #7

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience ! I will try this dirt map ;-)
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2018-01-06, 18:58:51
Reply #8

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Superb clean white lighting and contrast! Do you mind sharing some more info on the lighting setup/post processing?
Vray who?

2018-01-08, 03:08:56
Reply #9

Nguyen Ba Dung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Superb clean white lighting and contrast! Do you mind sharing some more info on the lighting setup/post processing?

No problem. For this kind of lighting, i use an overcast HDRI, PG 1313
Load it via VrayHDRI and then put it into Environment slot. Rotate HDRI so the lighting goes directly into the scene through the windows.

Actually, all of these images come straight out of frame buffer, which means i only do post using Post tool inside Corona
A little bit of contrast 3, hilight compress 5, filmic hilight 0.5, filmic shadow 0.5, LUT Canon 1, slightly sharpen and that's it

2018-01-08, 15:50:50
Reply #10

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Load it via VrayHDRI and then put it into Environment slot. Rotate HDRI so the lighting goes directly into the scene through the windows.

Actually, all of these images come straight out of frame buffer, which means i only do post using Post tool inside Corona
A little bit of contrast 3, hilight compress 5, filmic hilight 0.5, filmic shadow 0.5, LUT Canon 1, slightly sharpen and that's it

Thanks! I'm checking out the HDRI now on PG's site. Am super impressed that these are straight out of the framebuffer, I'm definitely going to have to try that setup on a few older scenes. I normally don't mess with the filmic controls but the results are great.

In the first shot, did you use an additional Corona sun to get the sun burnout on the curtains/ground or is the HDRI just rotated differently for that shot? I like the idea of having the blank canvas clean light in the other shots but then boosting the sunlight as needed for detail shots.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-08, 15:56:21 by agentdark45 »
Vray who?

2018-01-09, 09:04:47
Reply #11

Nguyen Ba Dung

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks! I'm checking out the HDRI now on PG's site. Am super impressed that these are straight out of the framebuffer, I'm definitely going to have to try that setup on a few older scenes. I normally don't mess with the filmic controls but the results are great.

In the first shot, did you use an additional Corona sun to get the sun burnout on the curtains/ground or is the HDRI just rotated differently for that shot? I like the idea of having the blank canvas clean light in the other shots but then boosting the sunlight as needed for detail shots.

Sorry, only the 1st image used HDRI PG1735 New Sun :) a side note I never combine HDRI with Corona Sun

2018-01-11, 10:38:24
Reply #12

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, only the 1st image used HDRI PG1735 New Sun :) a side note I never combine HDRI with Corona Sun

Very nice materials! The lighting too, obviously.

I always found the PG HDRI colors to be kind of too candid and saturated, with low contrast - I know he has since revisited the HDRIs (at least part of them?) to increase the actual dynamic range but I'm still curious if you use them straight out of the box of do you color correct them, like take half the saturation off? If so, using color correction or something similar in Max or do you take them in to a 32bit image editor and save a corrected version?

2018-01-11, 14:42:25
Reply #13

Nguyen Ba Dung

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Very nice materials! The lighting too, obviously.

I always found the PG HDRI colors to be kind of too candid and saturated, with low contrast - I know he has since revisited the HDRIs (at least part of them?) to increase the actual dynamic range but I'm still curious if you use them straight out of the box of do you color correct them, like take half the saturation off? If so, using color correction or something similar in Max or do you take them in to a 32bit image editor and save a corrected version?

Interesting question. I think all of the techniques you mention will work, either use color correction inside 3dsmax to lower saturation or work directly with 32 bit exr file in photoshop
But for these images, i didn't do anything. I leave the HDRI as it is, maybe lower the inverse gamma to bring more contrast. For the color, i try LUT to get the overall color I want.
All post was done inside Corona VFB, and i found it very powerful.

Btw, which HDRI do you recommend in term of quality, since you are not really satisfy with PG HDRI ?