Author Topic: Corona sun bug  (Read 3977 times)

2016-06-06, 11:23:52

Mikhalenko

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.
For scene lightning I use Corona Sun. Bt in Some areas it make image like "burned". Like on teapot, floor, chair in attachment.
I already try turn off visibility in reflection. It's dosen't help. And this problem appears in differente scene

2016-06-06, 12:24:30
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we are just now working on a fix for this
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-06, 12:36:08
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
One of the best news recently!

@Mikhalenko:
In short: activate "thin" in your glass pane material.

In long(er):
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,6883
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,10923.msg69753.html#msg69753

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-06-06, 14:52:39
Reply #3

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we are just now working on a fix for this

Awesome news! The less work-arounds the better. Fully refractive glass in windows with no slowdown or interior darkening, yes please!
Vray who?

2016-06-06, 18:01:51
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome news! The less work-arounds the better. Fully refractive glass in windows with no slowdown or interior darkening, yes please!

well... that wont be the case, no algorithm can do just that and probably never will. It will still not be refractive for GI, and there will be some darkening, but consistent, not localized in highlights
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-06, 18:06:41
Reply #5

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

well... that wont be the case, no algorithm can do just that and probably never will. It will still not be refractive for GI, and there will be some darkening, but consistent, not localized in highlights

Ok, good to know - so the "best" workflow for interiors will still be thin glass + single sided planes?
Vray who?

2016-06-06, 18:12:20
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That is definitely the fastest - I dont know why people use something else, I think there is exactly zero chance to see the glass refraction (except for bent glass which can be done with bump map in all modes). But we will try to balance things out so it is perfectly usable even in the default non-thin mode.

2016-06-06, 23:57:21
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Ok, good to know - so the "best" workflow for interiors will still be thin glass + single sided planes?

I am using it for normal solid mesh panes. This way I can just swap the type of glass I want. Also thin glass applied to solid will still yield better reflections, you can stack two offset bumps, you get internal reflection,etc...

Thin plane doesn't make sense to me, irregardless of glass fakeness.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-06-07, 08:12:30
Reply #8

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
i agree with Juraj, especially here where so many double glazed windows are used, it looks way better to have two sets of glass offset with a bump map to give a nice effect
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970