Author Topic: Sportler's WIP/test Renders  (Read 3216 times)

2015-08-30, 09:39:18

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
Hello fellow Corona users,
I wish to share my test and WIP renders in this thread. I'll start with tonights test render of metallic gears. I smacked together some gear models just to get started rendering with Corona. Haha, I really wanted to get going tonight.

This uses a basic metal shader, and took 8 minutes to reach 200 samples on a i7-5820K.

I will post more renders as I progress with Corona. I have posted here before, back when the alpha was a thing, but now I have also jumped on the full version, and hope to create lots of nice work with Corona :D Thanks for a great and friendly business model, and a high quality renderer.

2015-08-31, 01:05:24
Reply #1

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
Attempt at simple interior scene, first 4 WIP images.

2015-08-31, 09:09:28
Reply #2

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really like the mood of the last rendering. The shadow play on the wall is interesting. Did you use an HDRI? Because I think it is hard to get such nice shadows from the CoronaSun.
Aside from that I don't like the furniture, but that's a personal thing. And is it possible that the chair is sunken into the floor? :)
Visit boxel

2015-09-01, 03:03:49
Reply #3

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
Thanks, yes that is absolutely an HDRI. It does create some lovely shadows. Yes, chair is indeed intersecting, and has been fixed :) Currently working on shading objects sitting on the table. Starting with the lamp.

2015-09-01, 11:27:55
Reply #4

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool. Did you use ArionFX for the glow?
Visit boxel

2015-09-02, 06:00:49
Reply #5

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
Yep :)

Testing with some liquid interaction, and I seem to get loads of noise even at 1700 passes, especially in the liquid.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-02, 06:18:18 by Sportler »