Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming Playground!

<< < (12/13) > >>

John.McWaters:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2023-06-26, 16:24:51 ---
--- Quote from: John.McWaters on 2023-06-26, 16:01:55 ---I've cheated this feature by using Corona Slicer material on instances that are being scattered.

--- End quote ---

That seems like a lot more work...

--- End quote ---

I just take the spline along the border, extrude it and shell it to create and cutting solid and set it to only cut the objects I want it to.

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: John.McWaters on 2023-06-26, 20:30:44 ---
--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2023-06-26, 16:24:51 ---
--- Quote from: John.McWaters on 2023-06-26, 16:01:55 ---I've cheated this feature by using Corona Slicer material on instances that are being scattered.

--- End quote ---

That seems like a lot more work...

--- End quote ---

I just take the spline along the border, extrude it and shell it to create and cutting solid and set it to only cut the objects I want it to.

--- End quote ---

I used to do this too. It works fine, until the base surface is changed for some reason.

Scatter edge trimming is MUCH easier now days :)

Basshunter:
Didn't know that Scatter for Corona was different than Scatter for V-Ray. I recently started to use V-Ray GPU and noted that it already has "Edge Trimming" as a simple checkbox. Wasn't Scatter a Corona tool initially? How is it that V-Ray team managed to implement this option faster than Corona? This has been requested many times here.

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: Basshunter on 2023-07-01, 02:57:37 ---Didn't know that Scatter for Corona was different than Scatter for V-Ray. I recently started to use V-Ray GPU and noted that it already has "Edge Trimming" as a simple checkbox. Wasn't Scatter a Corona tool initially? How is it that V-Ray team managed to implement this option faster than Corona? This has been requested many times here.

--- End quote ---
Hi,

this is coming for Corona, too. However some work is needed on the renderer's side to implement this as a simple checkbox and the V-Ray team was a bit quicker than us ;)

I hope this clears things up.

Rowan

alecs8:
Hola, escribo como respuesta al tema de Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming, alguien reportaba que no le funcionaba y que no encontraba manera, llegue aquí porque me pasaba lo mismo, intente varias cosas pero nada funcionaba, hasta que logré que funcionara: lo hice de la siguiente manera: Selecciona los objetos a distribuir, te vas a Utilities, el icono es una llave mecánica, clic en Reset Xform y clic en Reset Selected, despues combiertes el objeto en un Editable Poly y listo, los bordes se van a cortar, estoy feliz llevaba muchísimo tiempo buscando como hacerlo funcionar, espero les ayude, abrazos feliz navidad!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version