Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 166689 times)

2017-09-07, 12:32:23
Reply #435

Alexandre Besson

• Active Users
  • http://www.alexandre-besson.com
    • View Profile
    • Alexandre Besson portfolio
Hi,
I'm having an issue with the new CoronaCamera (3ds max 2014 sp5). It looks like 3ds max is considering the camera object AS an object in the viewport, so i can't see through whereas the render is going well.
Moreover, i can't see the link beetween the camera and the target wich is diturbing & can't see the cone.
Regards.

2017-09-07, 12:37:03
Reply #436

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
And, what about the new two SSS parameters inside CoronaMtl. Are they really necessary? Now we have 7 different parameters, inside CoronaMtl to control SSS:
Translucency, Refraction, Opacity, Adsorption and Scattering... Now SSS fracion and SSS Radius.
For a newbies is too much, IMO. Corona philosophy is to be simple ;-)

2017-09-07, 12:39:46
Reply #437

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool start!
Above mentioned things:
the icon - simplier = better. Example - VRayCam. And It's selectable all ower it's icon.
And it would be nice to have individual resolution for each.
And Exclude option - other words the "Renderable" checkbox on/off for objects that often blocks the view when Batch render is used.

Thank you! :)

2017-09-07, 12:48:13
Reply #438

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And, what about the new two SSS parameters inside CoronaMtl. Are they really necessary? Now we have 7 different parameters, inside CoronaMtl to control SSS:
Translucency, Refraction, Opacity, Adsorption and Scattering... Now SSS fracion and SSS Radius.
For a newbies is too much, IMO. Corona philosophy is to be simple ;-)
Soon there will be presets for materials, so new users will easily and quickly pick whatever they need.

2017-09-07, 13:00:32
Reply #439

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Cool start!
Above mentioned things:
the icon - simplier = better. Example - VRayCam. And It's selectable all ower it's icon.
And it would be nice to have individual resolution for each.
And Exclude option - other words the "Renderable" checkbox on/off for objects that often blocks the view when Batch render is used.

Thank you! :)

+1 The camera hitbox is smaller than the icon, making it hardly selectable.

PS. I like the Random Color thing
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-09-07, 13:10:39
Reply #440

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I got the new daily build 06/09 and I´m trying Corona Camera now and my question is: Any plans for these settings to work realtime (without restart render) like the VFB settings does?

yes, definitely!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-07, 13:13:02
Reply #441

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
devs, is there a plan to remove coronaCameraMod?
if not, I found there are some properties name (mxs) of coronaCamera which doesn't match with what coronaCameraMod has.
imo, to avoid confusion I think both feature's should have identic properties name.
yes, we will remove camera mod. It will be hidden plugin for backwards compatibility for few years, with no further updates.

We will see if there is some unnecessary inconsistency between camera and mod, and fix that
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-07, 14:20:02
Reply #442

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Camera seems very promising but I have noticed a few issues, some of which are already mentioned above.

One major issue I have noticed when using the Corona Camera is that IR stops completely when my mouse is not on/in the vfb window. If I am hovering over a viewport then IR does not work (it's as though I have chosen to cancel/stop interactive rendering). IR then jumps back into life (restarts) when I hover over the VFB again. Deleted the Corona Camera and this issue goes away (IR behaves normally again).

Max 2016 SP4

Edit - This only happens when looking through the Corona Camera, switching to Physical Cam or perspective view returns IR to it's normal behaviour
« Last Edit: 2017-09-07, 14:25:32 by fraine7 »

2017-09-07, 15:24:30
Reply #443

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There is already an (internal) discussion about SSS controls in the Corona mtl vs the Skin mtl, and there will be definitely some changes to make things more simple. Any suggestions are however appreciated!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-09-07, 16:26:28
Reply #444

moriah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you please not remove camera mod? For example, when importing cameras from Houdini / Maya, since it's an alembic camera, it is easier just to put a modifier on top of it, instead of having to somehow convert it to the new corona camera. If new changes to the camera are made, we don't have to re-convert it again. Unless you can implement an easy way to convert alembic/standard/vray cameras to corona camera. That's one of the things i don't like about vray camera / 3dsmax phys cam. Just putting a modifier on top of whatever camera and make it compatible works perfectly.

2017-09-07, 23:18:15
Reply #445

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Can you please not remove camera mod? For example, when importing cameras from Houdini / Maya, since it's an alembic camera, it is easier just to put a modifier on top of it, instead of having to somehow convert it to the new corona camera. If new changes to the camera are made, we don't have to re-convert it again. Unless you can implement an easy way to convert alembic/standard/vray cameras to corona camera. That's one of the things i don't like about vray camera / 3dsmax phys cam. Just putting a modifier on top of whatever camera and make it compatible works perfectly.

Or DeadClown could add a Camera converter if possible, what would solve the problem, right?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-09-07, 23:21:46
Reply #446

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
I think both, CameraMod and CoronaCamera can live together =)

2017-09-08, 10:27:05
Reply #447

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Personally I think we'd rather the old cameramod remained usable, for total backwards compatibility. If we need to re-load an old job (happens all the time) and re-render, it would not be ideal if we no longer have access to the cameramod.

And an update to the corona converter script that will allow you to convert any regular camera with a mod on it > coronacamera with all the correct values would solve that problem too.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-09-09, 02:23:27
Reply #448

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
9/8 db , Thanks for the beginning of the Corona Material Library. I expect this will be a very convenient way to store our mat assets.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-09-09, 03:56:23
Reply #449

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
the corona material library, that's a nice cool feature.
I thought it would be something like dropdownlist template in arch&design material :D