Author Topic: Render stamp  (Read 1821 times)

2018-12-14, 10:32:30

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
is there an automated way to use render stamp during work without it showing on saved images?
I know that I can turn it off before saving the image, but if I use backburner or auto-save the finished render it will be embedded in the image and the risk is to forget to turn it off before launch.
Maybe a check box option to show the stats at render time but save the file without them could be useful? (or maybe the possibility to show stats only in interactive but not in production)
Thank you for any advice!
Patrick

2018-12-14, 11:13:23
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
to show the stats at render time

What information do you have configured in your stamp usually which are not in the stats tab already? If it is about being able to see some stats while having another cVFB tab open, consider to customise your VFB title string (see system setting -> VFB settings -> Title,). This way you could just switch off the stamp.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-12-14, 11:24:14
Reply #2

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for the advice Froob, but actually most of the times I use the interactive render in viewport instead of the VBF and so the stats are hidden…
Maybe it's time to buy a second monitor to have more screen estate!

2018-12-14, 11:28:23
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe it's time to buy a second monitor to have more screen estate!

Definitely! My second monitor is tiny, but it helps enormously when working with 3ds max and in everyday tasks too. I couldn't live with one screen anymore, no matter how big it would be.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-12-14, 11:49:40
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
interactive render in viewport

Oh, I see... Well as long as the viewport IR content is wiped away when stopping it, I cannot reasonably use this feature.

Other option is to use a prerender script (setup in render setup  -> scripts) which turns off the stamp if rendering production and on when rendering interactive. Should be very quickly doable and you could have the script by default in maxstart.max so it would work for every new scene without additional mesasures.

Good Luck

2018-12-14, 12:23:22
Reply #5

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good idea! I'll give it a try! Thank you

2018-12-14, 13:47:41
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I just realised that it may not be as simple because of a bug of Corona once more. The rendertype would have to be checked in another thread after rendering was started because you always get "0" as rendertype in any prerender event script. This sucks b***s.

All those maxscript issues with Corona are starting to annoy me since it prevents us from doing the simples things :[

Good Luck

2018-12-14, 16:25:32
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I quickly looked into it and it's like expected: we still don't get the render type in prerender events when querying the Corona interface.

Here is a script for you (with workaround) which turns off the renderstamp for production rendering generally and switches back the configured on/off state after rendering. Use it as one of your startup scripts or as prerender script (if you are using farm / BB).

Code: [Select]
--- RenderstampSwitcher.ms: turns off Corona renderstamp for production rendering.

--- Simple version: Does not work due to missing render type in prerender events from Corona (v3 final currently):
/* global renderstamp_configured_active=undefined
* fn RenderStampSwitch_prerender = (
* renderstamp_configured_active=renderers.current.renderstamp_use
* if (CoronaRenderer.CoronaFP.getRenderType() == 1) then (renderers.current.renderstamp_use=false) else (renderers.current.renderstamp_use=true)
* else (renderers.current.renderstamp_use=false)
* )
* fn RenderStampSwitch_postRender = (
* renderers.current.renderstamp_use=renderstamp_configured_active
* )
* callbacks.removeScripts id:#RenderStampSwitcher
* callbacks.addScript #prerender "RenderStampSwitch_prerender()" id:#RenderStampSwitcher
* callbacks.addScript #postrender "RenderStampSwitch_postrender()" id:#RenderStampSwitcher
*/

--- Instead, it has to be done like this:
global renderstamp_configured_active=undefined

Timerobject = dotnetobject "System.Windows.Forms.Timer"
Timerobject.Interval = 1000

fn onStampCheck = (
if (CoronaRenderer.CoronaFP.getRenderType() == 1) then (renderers.current.renderstamp_use=false) else (renderers.current.renderstamp_use=true)
)

fn RenderStampSwitch_prerender = (
dotnet.addEventHandler Timerobject "Tick" onStampCheck
Timerobject.Start()
  renderstamp_configured_active=renderers.current.renderstamp_use
  )

fn RenderStampSwitch_postRender = (
Timerobject.Stop()
dotnet.removeEventHandler Timerobject "Tick" onStampCheck
  renderers.current.renderstamp_use=renderstamp_configured_active
 )

callbacks.removeScripts id:#RenderStampSwitcher
 callbacks.addScript #prerender "RenderStampSwitch_prerender()" id:#RenderStampSwitcher
 callbacks.addScript #postrender "RenderStampSwitch_postrender()" id:#RenderStampSwitcher

I have a few scripts like this waiting for a fix/improvement.

Good Luck

2018-12-14, 17:37:12
Reply #8

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Frood, it works!! :)

Actually I've seen that Rebusfarm doesn't accept prerender scripts and doesn't consider the startup one, but, since their uploading window returns that error, it works as a reminder to turn off the stamp!
Thanks again!!
« Last Edit: 2018-12-14, 17:54:34 by patrick.testa »