Author Topic: Can't open old file with Corona 3  (Read 6140 times)

2018-12-04, 12:16:07

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I have installed Corona 3 and I can't open a file that was created with Max 2016 and Corona 2; I've tried both with Max 2016 and Max 2019 but both remain stuck with the pop-up asking about the new displacement mode. Other files, even with displacement applied, are opened correctly...
Any idea?
Thank you,

Patrick

(I've tried to import everything in a new scene but it doesn't work; same behaviour...)
« Last Edit: 2018-12-04, 12:20:05 by patrick.testa »

2018-12-04, 13:34:34
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Any chance you could send us the offending scene, since it is specific to that scene and others are working fine? Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-12-04, 13:41:16
Reply #2

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if that's Corona related but I've noticed it too. I have the last month project done on Corona 2 and since upgrading to Corona 3 I cannot open any files related to that project.
Some other project done 4 months ago (also on Corona 2) opened fine though. I will do some more tests later today (reverting back to Corona 2, opening some other project files) in order to confirm whether it has something to do with an upgrade or not.

2018-12-04, 13:57:30
Reply #3

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've just uploaded the scene (1543928115_Montaldo-Ristorante-011.max)
It's only the max file, without textures and proxies; please let me know if you need those files too.
Thanks!

Patrick

2018-12-04, 16:37:51
Reply #4

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
An update…
I've temporarily reinstalled Corona 2 and the file opens correctly. I'll make a quick render and go back to Corona 3!
Before this final solution I tried to merge everything in a new scene disabling displacement before the import, but it didn't work...

2018-12-05, 13:30:09
Reply #5

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
Maybe its your scene or proxys or something in it. Thats causing the file not to open.

I am opening corona 2 scenes on Corona 3 just fine.

Win 10 64 PRO
Max 2018
Corona 3
RN

2018-12-06, 00:05:31
Reply #6

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is anyone else having this issue?

We can't update in the office if this is actually a problem.

Thanks

2018-12-06, 09:22:33
Reply #7

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My biggest concern about going back to Corona 2 is the fact that I use almost exclusively Rebusfarm for rendering and they have updated to Corona 3
I'm afraid that renders could have issues or artifacts with the new displacement mode if I upload the scenes with Corona 2...

2018-12-17, 13:49:59
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay here!

I checked Patrick's scene, and I can confirm there is a problem opening it with Corona 3. I'll forward it to the devs.
It also froze for me when I tried merging the scene and selected "all", but I managed to merge it successfully when just selecting groups of objects few times.

As to autobump (new displacement) - it can be disabled. See the note at the very bottom here https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000050158
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-12-19, 11:18:44
Reply #9

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you know approx when this might be fixed?

Is it a case of it just happening to a random people or everyone.

2018-12-19, 12:34:31
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can't speak for everyone, but i personally had never encountered this.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-12-19, 14:11:59
Reply #11

patrick.testa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
At present it only happened to me on one of my older works, done with Max2016 and Corona2. I reinstalled Corona2 to work on that scene and than returned to version 3 without further problems on other files… (the scene with that issue still doesn't work)

2019-01-02, 12:33:09
Reply #12

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same for me. I only have this problem on one of the projects I worked on. Whole project folder is affected, none of the multiple max files can be opened. It must have something to do with some sort of scene asset that was used along all of the affected files I believe.

2019-01-04, 13:18:08
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Same for me. I only have this problem on one of the projects I worked on. Whole project folder is affected, none of the multiple max files can be opened. It must have something to do with some sort of scene asset that was used along all of the affected files I believe.
Can you share any scene like this with us? Here is the uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

(internal note id=300952759)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-01-10, 11:45:52
Reply #14

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi I uploaded the file. It's named 1547116941_afected-scene.zip.
If you need any additional assets like proxies etc please let me know.
Thanks,
Michal
Sorry guys. Please ignore the file I mentioned above. This is not the project I was referring to earlier, it's another one that I discovered not being able to open today, but after some tests I don't think it has anything to do with Corona version anymore, more likely with forest pack I guess....

I will send you another one in couple minutes which is definitely crashing because of Corona version (checked that couple of times, everything opens fine with Corona 2, and doesn't open after switching back to 3.0 though).

EDIT 2
We've been trying to locate the problem (merging files partially, eliminating scatters, proxies etc) and find out what causes files to crash. Unfortunately it most likely goes back to the Corona version issue. Could you guys please check the scene and dump files I sent and help us solve this? Thanks
« Last Edit: 2019-01-10, 16:26:48 by cexec »