Author Topic: Corona + V-Ray + Enscape = awesome!  (Read 6554 times)

2022-01-11, 11:00:58

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We have some exciting news to share with you today! 

Enscape and Chaos, two of the most well-known names in visualization, have merged to create one company dedicated to developing the world's greatest end-to-end ecosystem for 3D visualization and collaboration.
Together we will develop and strengthen our product portfolios to create a comprehensive end-to-end visualization ecosystem to meet the evolving needs of architects, designers, and artists from diverse industries to visualize their ideas in the best way possible — from concept to completion.

Learn more about this merger here: https://corona-renderer.com/news/chaos-and-enscape-to-merge-backed-by-ta-associates-and-lea-partners

We'll have more to share with you soon, so stay tuned!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-01-11, 12:09:32
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Congratulations guys.

Great news all around. Looking forward to seeing how this develops!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-01-11, 15:27:59
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow. I didn't know Enscape was so... desired.
Good luck.

2022-01-11, 16:21:47
Reply #3

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Congratulations!

I will keep an eye on: "We'll have more to share with you soon, so stay tuned!" :-)

2022-01-11, 16:48:43
Reply #4

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good luck.

For architects it's really popular for it's connectivity to Revit. And together with what I assume Chaos brings to the table in form of quality ray-tracing and Chaos Vantage, it might be a dealy combo.

Probably my lack of understanding; but a merge? I thought Chaos would eat Enscape for breakfast?

2022-01-11, 17:07:15
Reply #5

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good luck.
Probably my lack of understanding; but a merge? I thought Chaos would eat Enscape for breakfast?

Right! LOL

2022-01-11, 17:12:04
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Different perspectives based on one's field. Some people I know had to google what Enscape is, but they are definitely bigger in the design and architecture (not arch-viz) spheres. Overall Chaos and Enscape currentl come out as roughly equals.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-01-11, 20:03:35
Reply #7

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That’s mind blowing considering Enscape was founded in 2017. Which also speaks for how badly viz workflows are/have been in the AEC field compared to the demand for them!

2022-01-11, 20:50:49
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Archviz is a small field ;)

There is probably a startup somewhere for fintech/cloud/AI founded 6 months ago that has higher valuation than our new joint company.

2022-01-11, 21:08:57
Reply #9

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That’s mind blowing considering Enscape was founded in 2017. Which also speaks for how badly viz workflows are/have been in the AEC field compared to the demand for them!

Founded in 2013
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enscape

2022-01-12, 13:39:43
Reply #10

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My bad, I’m sure I read 2017 in the press release or an article article about the merge. Still impressive.

And to clarify what I wrote about workflows for viz in AEC, I don’t mean Max and Corona. I mean that it’s been hard for a long time for architects to get a proper view of what they are actually proposing inside their own tools.

2022-01-12, 15:38:05
Reply #11

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder if an IPO in the stock exchange is imminent...

2022-01-13, 09:14:21
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder if an IPO in the stock exchange is imminent...
you would like to buy a slice of the cake, wouldnt you? :D

2022-01-13, 13:51:59
Reply #13

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-02-11, 14:18:34
Reply #14

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you know if it will be corona or vray as the main engine powering Enscape now?

2022-02-11, 18:42:38
Reply #15

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you know if it will be corona or vray as the main engine powering Enscape now?

Enscape will continue using its engine because of its unique capabilities - being realtime and working on wide variety of hardware. We are currently working with the Enscape team to figure out if adding offline rendering capability makes sense as an alternative.

2022-02-21, 11:52:30
Reply #16

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Interesting. Yeah hardware is a big variable. Definitely a marked difference between architecture and viz in terms of investment and performance there in my experience.