Author Topic: SEPARATE RENDERING OF OBJECTS IN FB  (Read 3727 times)

2015-04-09, 15:14:30

Coronation

• Users
    • View Profile
HI!
I wonder if it is possible in CORONA to render BEAUTY pass separately for different objects in one Frame Buffer? (like in VRAY 3)
For example if I need to render just grass without the rest of the scene. And next render the rest of the scene (without the grass) with different settings.
What is the correct workflow in this case?

2015-04-09, 15:48:58
Reply #1

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is the most elegant of solutions but you could try selecting the grass, the select invert, right click in viewport and uncheck visible to camera so they'd still cast shadows etc, then make a mask for the hidden elements so you'd end up with a rendering of the grass with reaction from the environment like shadows and light bounces, plus a mask you could later apply to the other render where you've got the grass object hidden. Does this make sense? I haven't tried it in Corona but worked in Vray so maybe it's worth a shot :)

Or did you want this all done in one single rendering? in that case, no idea :)

2015-04-09, 16:12:26
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there are different workflows based on your specific needs, but I would recommend starting by examining CMask render element - you can use that to mask the beauty pass in postpro to create separated beauty passes.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-04-09, 18:21:42
Reply #3

Coronation

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, but both methods are not well enough. The first one inreases scene setup and rendering time and the second method requires to render the same WHOLE scene twice (at least twice. In case If you need to render only two different objects with different settings).

2015-04-09, 20:40:41
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I don't know if this is the most elegant of solutions but you could try selecting the grass, the select invert, right click in viewport and uncheck visible to camera so they'd still cast shadows etc, then make a mask for the hidden elements so you'd end up with a rendering of the grass with reaction from the environment like shadows and light bounces, plus a mask you could later apply to the other render where you've got the grass object hidden. Does this make sense? I haven't tried it in Corona but worked in Vray so maybe it's worth a shot :)

I did it recently because Corona doesn't support 'Object selection render' and nah...I wouldn't bother if I knew how it would go. Basically, you don't save anything, it's not any faster.

OP, you simply need to wait for proper Object selection rendering, I've seen some promise of it to be implemented 'Soon' :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-04-10, 16:15:41
Reply #5

Coronation

• Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I will.Thank you!