Author Topic: Team Renderer With Corona  (Read 1342 times)

2023-09-21, 17:33:38

GazzaMataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All

I am completely new here and this is my first ever post so if I get things wrong be patient :-)

I have installed the demo version of Corona on my PC and I wondered if I could use the same demo version on my Mac mini using team renderer?

No I realise that the demo is probably not a demo but a time limited full version of the app. I have checked in Team Renderer on my Mac mini and is shows Corona but it says it is not activated. Can someone tell me how to activate it or is it a case of having two Corona licences or something else?

Many thanks in advance.

2023-09-22, 09:43:57
Reply #1

CambridgeCreative

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi GazzaMataz,

For Corona Render to work on a team render machine, you need to have the same Corona Render version installed as the Team Render server and a render node licence (each node needs its own licence). As far as I remember, you can't team render with Corona on a demo version.

I hope this helps.

2023-09-25, 12:57:26
Reply #2

GazzaMataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Cambridge. Bit like using Redshift on C4D under Team Render you need another licence. About the only time you don't need another licence is when you use plain old Standard Renderer. Does all seem a bit moneytary…

2023-09-25, 15:03:47
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, a single trial license is 1 GUI license + 1 render node license. This means that you can display the UI of the software on 1 machine and render on 1 machine. This also means that if you are using one machine to only display the software UI (and not render) and another machine to only render (and not display the software UI), then it should work.
So Team Render will work for sending jobs to a different machine and rendering. It will not work for 2 computers contributing to a single rendering, because for this you would need 2 render node licenses.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-04-16, 19:51:10
Reply #4

GazzaMataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So if I had a lot of rendering to do I would need to buy say a monthly licence for my other machine which is roughly £57 per month? I have a year licence on my main computer. All seems like a lot of money per month for rendering…

2024-04-16, 20:07:48
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If it is purely for rendering and not for working in the DCC, the yearly render node is the best option as it is the cheapest one at $172 per year. So if you will need that rendering more than 3 months out of the year, it gives a much better pricing than paying for random months one at a time.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-04-18, 18:59:52
Reply #6

GazzaMataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Maru

Tried your suggestion and it works like a charm! Now I can render and work at the same time - wonderful :-)

@TomG
I looked on the Corona website and can see no render node purchase options? Do you have to apply for those? $172 isn't too bad if you do a lot of rendering that adds up to £136 in the UK.

2024-04-18, 19:38:41
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Howdy!

If you head to the Buy Now page at https://corona-renderer.com/pricing then you will find at the bottom of the page the "Add more render power." section with a link - you'll end up at the Render Node purchase page at https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing/render-nodes

Depending on the size of your in-house render farm, the pricing can actually be even less than I mentioned on a per-node amount, as the Nodes can be purchased in bundles. "The more you buy, the more you save...." hmm I have heard that somewhere before (for those who have watched the NVIDIA keynote this year lol).

Hope this helps!

2024-04-18, 20:48:10
Reply #8

GazzaMataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom! Yes those render nodes look good and not so expensive :-)

2024-04-18, 21:27:31
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You are welcome!