Author Topic: Interactive render issue.  (Read 1132 times)

2022-11-21, 09:42:36

doillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I noticed an annoying bug for my workflow when using interactive rendering on the corona frame buffer.

I'm using 2x 4K monitors, and they are scaled to 150% on Windows, because if not, the texts, icons, etc. they are unreadable.

The problem here is that the maximum resolution for my frameBuffer when is maximized is influenced by that 150% scale, and that's a big mistake.

When my scale is 100%, the IR resolution of my frameBuffer when is maximized is 2187 x 1546, but when they are scaled to 150% (remember, they are only scaled on text, icos, etc.) my resolution drops to 1423 x 1006... And the big problem is when FB scales an "small img" and is trying to scale it to fit the 4K resolution. So it is like double error, cos I am not only loosing resolution, I'm losing definition too. And if you add the "noisy" component when it's in interactive rendering, the original problem is even bigger, because its feedback isn't proper when I'm trying to make subtle changes to the materials.

Could you make the interactive rendering of frameBuffer independent of %Scale resolution on Windows? Cos if not, is useless working on 4k monitor nowdays.

2022-11-21, 09:57:28
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, please check your image upscaling factor in the System Settings: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526293924881
If you want your IR to be 1:1 with the screen resolution, set the upscaling factor to 1.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-21, 10:29:08
Reply #2

doillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru,

Ty for answer so quick.

That solve my problem for the most part, so ty very much. But in my opinion, you should "disconnect" in someway the scale factor from windows OS and corona framebuffer.

Cheers.

2022-11-21, 11:31:38
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The issue is that if someone is using 4K resolution or higher, IR can easily become non-interactive. :)
So we are choosing between "users reporting slow IR" vs "users reporting low IR resolution".
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-21, 11:56:13
Reply #4

doillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am agree with you, but is should be "resolution dependant" not scale dependant.