Author Topic: Poenix for Cinema 4D  (Read 1417 times)

2022-10-18, 14:49:29

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

Chaos wrote:

•   Corona Premium includes a floating license for users who want to run Corona on any computer. This plan also includes access to a suite of Chaos applications: Chaos Phoenix, Chaos Player, and Chaos Scans.

Cinema 4D Users will get Phoenix and Scans? Where? When? Gimme! Gimme Gimme!

2022-10-18, 15:02:13
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You get the license with Premium, but there is no version of Phoenix that runs within Cinema 4D at present, sorry. The Phoenix license does let you use it in other host applications though, and you should then be able to export to VDB to render within C4D.

Scans you get a license for with Premium, you just load the vrscan into the Scanner Material in Corona 9, no extra installation required and that definitely fully works worth C4D :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-18, 15:48:32
Reply #2

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so as always: Max Users get more than C4D Users? This seems not fair. Who learns (and purchases!) another software to use Phoenix? There should be an other pricing option.

2022-10-18, 18:24:49
Reply #3

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maybe, if possible, in future  there is a chance to add vantage compatibility to corona as part of premium (as in vray) ?
i think then without any doubts the premium is a superb package to get for all :)

anyway i am happy with phoenix as i also have max. will be interesting to use the vdbs in c4d corona.

2022-10-19, 08:12:11
Reply #4

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't want to complain that corona ist to expensive now. I think its priceworthy. Chaos kills one argument ("affordable"), but Chaos Cosmos alone is worth the extra money.

But Chaos cannot say, that we get Phoenix, when Phoenix is for Maya and Max only. Why do I have to pay something I cannot use? Chaos cannot argue and say "use max". I donnot want to lern and purchase another software. Thats absurd. Shall the max users pay more. They get more.

2022-10-19, 12:34:16
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The licensing changes are also done to simplify things for users, and for us too of course. As such, the price is not "the sum of all the parts" so creating a version without a Phoenix license would not make it any cheaper, so the license is still included for C4D users. All the release materials are careful not to say you "get Phoenix" just that you get the license, and you'll notice we did not call it out in the Release video since it is not directly applicable to all our users (not every C4D user will have an alternative DCC they can use to actually run Phoenix).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us