Author Topic: Corona scatter and Corona Distance  (Read 2256 times)

2022-04-15, 15:30:39

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys!
i was trying Corona scattering very fast great job !!
I was following some tutorials to combine it with the Corona Distance but I noticed that the slot in the Surface scattering tab is missing to be able to insert the material with the Corona Distance.
has something changed?

2022-04-15, 16:27:18
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, what changed is that this is brand new in C4D :) As such some one or two things that are in Max have not yet made their way over to C4D as yet, just due to the scale of the task.

Most of the effects should be achievable using the Scale transform (scale 0 is the same as not showing up :) ), or using the improved area controls to include or exclude using objects or open/closed splines. Indeed the biggest use of Distance into Scatter was to do things like carve paths through the scatter, but this can now be done directly using the spline include/excludes cutting out the extra step and processing.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-04-16, 20:14:26
Reply #2

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok got it thanks :)
Another thing is that I'm trying to figure out how to create a more jagged effect using textures in the transaltion slot. What textures should be put? because the greyscale procedural I understand that they don't work

2022-04-16, 20:46:34
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
May I point you to this:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4953600578065

A question: What exactly do you mean with "jagged" and why do you want to use the noise in Translation and not in Scale?
Just curious.

And yes, grey-scale noises work.

PS
Distance shaders do work there (as scale maps), too.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-16, 20:51:10 by Cinemike »

2022-04-16, 21:09:09
Reply #4

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
May I point you to this:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4953600578065

A question: What exactly do you mean with "jagged" and why do you want to use the noise in Translation and not in Scale?
Just curious.

And yes, grey-scale noises work.

PS
Distance shaders do work there (as scale maps), too.

hi Cinemike!
thanks for the example you posted. Yes, in fact the shader works and I figured out how to get the desired effect through the texture in the Scale slot as you said.
My intent was to create sparse areas where little grass grows or in that point to have dry grass just like in reality. Instead of having a green lawn and all of the same height

2022-04-16, 21:36:21
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad I could help!

Good luck with your project.

2022-04-16, 22:01:59
Reply #6

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"My intent was to create sparse areas where little grass grows or in that point to have dry grass just like in reality ..."
Made me wish we could have the same functionality like with the Cloner for Chaos Scatter, too, where you can influence which clones are being created where depending on a map.

2022-04-17, 19:30:43
Reply #7

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-04-21, 14:14:32
Reply #8

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
one question to make sure, corona scatter is using the new c4d multinstance system, right?
not the old render instances, or is it something not related to c4d at all?

i am yet testing but for now i have the feeling it takes more ram and more prepare time then the c4d multinstances via the c4d cloner.
i might be wrong of course and need to test more.

2022-04-21, 14:18:40
Reply #9

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
one question to make sure, corona scatter is using the new c4d multinstance system, right?
not the old render instances, or is it something not related to c4d at all?

i am yet testing but for now i have the feeling it takes more ram and more prepare time then the c4d multinstances via the c4d cloner.
i might be wrong of course and need to test more.

I couldn't figure it out yet because if you try to explode you can't find the objects inside anymore. It looks incredibly fast to me. I've always used surface Spread before

2022-04-21, 14:47:03
Reply #10

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i tired it with a special grass setup of mine. i made this with mograph cloners. it is super fast in prepare and render, using multi instances.

now i tried a similar setup via chaosscatter, but it takes a while to start render and isnt very interactive in IR.

it might be i yet have made mistakes in "translation" of the setup, will try more.

2022-04-21, 14:52:13
Reply #11

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can tell you that values I'm using values even 10 times higher than the ones I used for Surface spread without using Multi instance, so I presume that the new Chaos Scatter using Multi-instance.

2022-04-22, 12:19:26
Reply #12

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile