Author Topic: Before buying - when volumetric noise?  (Read 1128 times)

2019-01-29, 17:03:30

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Folks,

Before I push the button and buy I'd like some idea of when realistically we'll be seeing procedural 3d noise availability in the volume material ? I could really do with this to make nice clouds/smoke etc like we can in Vray. Are we talking weeks?  Months..... years.....?

Thanks

2019-01-29, 17:18:54
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi!

We definitely want to do this until the v4 release (which is planned a few months from now). Hopefully, we'll even manage to get in the VDB support, but that's more complicated.

I can't make any definite promises, but I think that we could add the procedural volumetric noise feature in a few weeks into one of the v4 daily builds. I added this into the roadmap (which needs to be updated, too). Feel free to ask again in a few weeks if this isn't added.

2019-01-29, 17:50:14
Reply #2

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's great news! I think I'll take the plunge and buy a license. I'm not too bothered with VDB support (although I know a lot are) :-)

A request with the procedural noise would be some kind of falloff option so that we can fade it away as it comes to the edge of an object. That makes it perfect for clouds as you don't get a hard edge.

Thanks very much!