Author Topic: new to corona - about to test - any guidance?  (Read 4120 times)

2013-12-04, 00:55:22

sirmontal

Hi

Im a vray user and i would like to think of myself as a intermediate/professional user of it.  I have monitored the momentum of corona and im loving the results you all having been posting around and i figure it time for me to give it a try.

Any advice on where i can start on how to use it?  What im referring to is more the lighting aspect of it (for interior/exterior) - are there any particular tutorials on this?

The materials functionality looks fairly straight forward and similiar to vray so i think i will be right with that.

ANy advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2013-12-04, 01:02:55
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Defaults work mostly fine. Don't be afraid, just try stuff. Assume it will work until proven otherwise ;). And don't use any fakes because you are used to a particular workflow, use them only when the physically correct workflow does not work.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-12-04, 01:05:56
Reply #2

sirmontal

what do you mean by do not use fakes? 

2013-12-04, 01:06:25
Reply #3

sirmontal

Defaults work mostly fine. Don't be afraid, just try stuff. Assume it will work until proven otherwise ;). And don't use any fakes because you are used to a particular workflow, use them only when the physically correct workflow does not work.

thanks for the reply by the way :)

2013-12-04, 01:28:28
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I mean do not for example disable shadows for some objects, use GI environment map overrides, or disable glossy reflections, because you would assume the renderer won't be able to handle the scene
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-12-04, 02:00:10
Reply #5

sirmontal

Thanks for that - apprecaited.

In regards to the material editor preview - its quiet noisy - is there  a way to change that?

2013-12-04, 10:53:19
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, there is settings quality spinner in main render settings