Author Topic: CORONA Crashes each time I press render  (Read 4963 times)

2017-11-29, 17:25:12

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
HI Folks I have posted this issue here before but no solutions found. Each time I press render with Corona it doesn't work.I tried rolling back to R17 AND R16 the issue remains the same. I haven't been able to use Corona in 6 months. HAS Anyone GOT any solutions?

2017-11-29, 17:25:51
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
HI Folks I have posted this issue here before but no solutions found. Each time I press render with Corona it doesn't work.I tried rolling back to R17 AND R16 the issue remains the same. I haven't been able to use Corona in 6 months. HAS Anyone GOT any solutions?

Could you please send us the _BugReport.txt?

2017-11-29, 17:26:42
Reply #2

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2017-11-29, 17:43:53
Reply #3

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
Let me find the bugfile.txt

The bug happens each time I press render, both in the editor and the picture viewer

2017-11-29, 17:51:19
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
From FB discussion, this appears to be a scene created in A4, so it could be some incompatibility with changed render settings, lights, etc?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-29, 17:54:59
Reply #5

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
From FB discussion, this appears to be a scene created in A4, so it could be some incompatibility with changed render settings, lights, etc?

It still shouldn't crash. But thanks for the additional info, Tom! So Armand, let me rephrase my question again:

If you create a NEW scene now - a cube and a simple light, set Corona as the renderer and press "Render", does it crash for you?

2017-11-29, 18:55:57
Reply #6

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
oddly enough when I create a new scene and hit render. no crashes.... I'll recreate my old scene lights and test again

2017-11-29, 19:37:39
Reply #7

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
Hi folks issue solved, I tried removing the lights, the materials and changing furnitures. But the bug was always there. I finally removed corona render settings and create new render settings and tada it works now. It took very long to figure that out. Thanks to Thomas Grimes. He pointed it could be the render settings and he was right. Thank you!!!!

2017-11-29, 21:21:50
Reply #8

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
That's great to hear, Armand! Could we ask you for the crashing scene so that we can find out what was the cause and fix the issue? It would really help the whole community!

2017-12-17, 22:34:12
Reply #9

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
I still have the original scene that was crashing, I will remove the furnitures. There is another issue with the latest release it crashes even with a new scene.

I have attached my scene (see link below), no textures and furnitures but the lights and settings are there. this is the scene that was created with an old version of Corona, I managed to make it work by removing the render settings, but with the new release it still crashes.

https://ufile.io/orfti

2017-12-18, 09:11:56
Reply #10

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thank you for the scene but unfortunately event with it I am not able to reproduce the crash on my machines. But from the bugreport.txt file, I can see you use a lot of 3rd party plugins so the crash can be connected to it even if you don't use any of 3rd party plugins in the scene. Can you please try to remove all other the plugins from plugins folder (by moving them into some temporary folder) and starting the Cinema 4D only with Corona to try if the crash is connected to some of them? When Corona will work in such case you can move the other plugins from temporary folder back to plugins folder (I hope it will not break them - it shouldn't - because I understand than reinstalling them is really time-consuming task) and when Cinema 4D will start crashing again we will try to find which plugin is responsible for this clash).

Nikola

2017-12-18, 10:52:58
Reply #11

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, I explored your scene more and it looks the crashing can be connected to Motion blur code. Can you please disable Motion blur if crashing stops?

Thank you
Nikola

2017-12-21, 15:46:35
Reply #12

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

the crash should be fixed in the latest daily build (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.msg117089#msg117089). Can you please confirm it?

Nikola