Author Topic: Volume is rendered only on first frame  (Read 3933 times)

2017-11-27, 23:24:09

Eszter Kallai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal website
Hi,
in the attached scene, the volume on the Global volume slot is not taken into account after the first frame of the animation.
- Open the scene
- render the animation
> compare the Frame 0 and Frame 1+ , the "fog" appears only on frame 0

I'm using the build: Build timestamp: Oct 31 2017 16:17:12 with Cinema R19

2017-11-28, 00:35:37
Reply #1

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't find any volumetric material in your scene!?

2017-11-28, 13:53:36
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As noted, there is no volume material in the scene - the box for Global Volume is checked, but there is no material in there (same with Override C4D Environment).

I added a Volume material, dropped it into the Global Volume, and rendered the frames 0 to 3 and the global volume appeared in all 4 frames. Not sure why the global volume was missing in the scene though :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-28, 13:57:10
Reply #3

Eszter Kallai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal website
Hi Cinemike, hi TomG,
it was missing because I used "remove unused materials" when i reduced my scene and it removed the volume material which was not assigned to any object (of course) and i haven't noticed , so my bad.
From home, I started the upload the new scene with the volume material. By today evening you will have the correct scene. It's still reproducible for me. Maybe try to render 90 frames.

Regards
Eszter

2017-11-28, 14:38:26
Reply #4

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Are you running the latest build? I mentioned the same problem a while ago, I was having the same issue. Would render just fine the first time, adjust a light or move an object and it would disappear. Punch in the exact same settings again (which were still there), render again and it was back. It was like a loop.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-11-28, 16:44:13
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok I had something odd, the Global material did not disappear, but did change. The first frame rendered correctly, the second did not - still volume effects there, but they are totally different than in the first frame.

If I choose a frame and rendered it individually, it works as expected.

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-28, 19:12:28
Reply #6

Eszter Kallai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal website
here is the correct scene with Volume material I used to recreate the bug. (replace the HDRi texture with something else. that was too big to attach to the scene)

2017-11-28, 20:49:01
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
confirming Scene Environment > Global volume works only on first frame when rendering animation (separate/ by frame rendering works fine) 

Also another couple of bugs (maybe in relation):
1. Final render: Tonne mapping resets on every next frame (simple settings: only Exposure (EV) used)
2. IR: render view doesn't follow change in camera position (stays on the frame/position used when IR is started)   

tests performed with Animation workflow in mind (at least two consecutive renders executed)

2017-11-28, 21:40:33
Reply #8

Eszter Kallai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal website
confirming Scene Environment > Global volume works only on first frame when rendering animation (separate/ by frame rendering works fine) 

Also another couple of bugs (maybe in relation):
1. Final render: Tonne mapping resets on every next frame (simple settings: only Exposure (EV) used)
2. IR: render view doesn't follow change in camera position (stays on the frame/position used when IR is started)   

tests performed with Animation workflow in mind (at least two consecutive renders executed)
Thanks a lot for looking into this!

2017-11-29, 07:04:06
Reply #9

onenortwo

• Users
    • View Profile
Having the exact same issue with my own project. Using the most recent build (B1 daily Nov 27 2017 (core 1.7 RC10)) with Cinema 4D R17.

2017-12-22, 21:48:31
Reply #10

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
problem should be fixed in last few builds and RC1 (both the problem with global volume and bug in "Remove unused materials").

2017-12-23, 20:53:02
Reply #11

Eszter Kallai

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal website
Hi,
problem should be fixed in last few builds and RC1 (both the problem with global volume and bug in "Remove unused materials").

Hi Ales,
thank you! Both are working on my side with RC1 beta :)