Author Topic: Major Shading Error "Interactive vs Final Render"  (Read 1690 times)

2017-11-13, 21:28:15

tennet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Good Monday
I was tweaking materials using Interactive Render and then I got this shadow/shade effect in the leaves. I thought it had to do with either materials settings, Phong-shading, geometry, light etc.. so I was checking Everything else but the Interactive render (since it has been working fine for me lately). But when nothing helped, then I tried a final render and it all looked good.

I'm posting two examples here — IR vs Final Render - rendered directly after each other, no changes made between. I am also uploading my scene file, if you want to test it.

(tested on Windows 10 Pro, C4D R18, Daily Build 11-10)
« Last Edit: 2017-11-14, 09:35:01 by tennet »

2017-11-14, 13:56:29
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Another odd thing that I think I have seen before (but I forget where) - if a Material Override is applied in the Render Settings, some of the leaves are shaded differently, even though the material should now all be the same. May be a clue as to what is happening.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-14, 14:02:44
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Deleting the phong tags off the objects makes the IR and offline render look the same. Not the first time that Phong tags seem to act oddly at the moment with Corona. This doesn't change the "different look" with the material override interestingly, so maybe that is unrelated after all :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us