Author Topic: 1.7 Lens shift  (Read 3923 times)

2017-10-27, 11:18:38

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I'm working with the new corona cam and I'm very happy with it! Being able to select it properly is a life saver on it's own, and having all the settings in one spot also saves some time. So thanks for that upgrade!

But the problem I'm having is that the Shift Lens feature works differently than the Shift Lens on Max's Physical Camera. The perspective seems to distort instead of just shift the image. Why is this? This is not the what I want in my images.

2017-10-27, 12:16:10
Reply #1

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Is ortho view possible.
Plans and sections for example.

Thank you

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2017-10-27, 13:04:35
Reply #2

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I cannot find it, but to what end? Ortho view wasn't available on the Physical cam either.

2017-10-27, 13:26:28
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ortho view is under "Projection & VR", in the drop down list there.

For the OP, could you share some images showing the differences you mean? Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-27, 13:41:50
Reply #4

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you look closely the Corona cam is zoomed of some sort. The camera's a both in the same place and have the same Focal Lenght. I don't know what exactly is happening, I'm not a camera expert, but shifting the lens is having a different effect as Max's Physical cam, and more importantly it behaves different as a real shift lens does. As far as I know a real shift lens should not change the perspective on the image, only move it left or right.

I have to say that, looking at the images, the difference is not very notable. You should try it yourself, when shifting the lens it's much more clearer what's happening.

2017-10-27, 15:42:10
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Subbing in for answer.. shift is very crucial.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-10-27, 16:46:33
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirming that there does seem to be some sort of zoom or other cause that is shifting things vertically in the image when only a Horizontal shift is used. AB comparisons attached of a "railroad tracks" type set up, and the checker pattern shows that with the CoronaCamera, there is a shift vertically in the image, while with the native Max Physical camera, there is not

2017-10-27, 16:48:27
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW the Horizontal shift was 20% in the Physical camera, and 0.15 in the Corona Camera to try and keep things similar (though I'd have expected 0.2 in the CoronaCamera to be equivalent to Max's 20%? The 0.2 gave a larger adjustment though)

2017-10-27, 18:06:15
Reply #8

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for looking into this. I noticed the same thing with the percentages, one would expect 20% to be the same as 0.2, or the value also be shown in percentages.

So, is this now confirmed as a bug? Because I'm now forced to use the old camera again, which is a hassle..

2017-11-28, 18:15:02
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Dropping in my test scene - just tested hotfix 1 to see if this changed anything, but still seems to be the same results.