Author Topic: Exposure best practice: Sun or post?  (Read 2449 times)

2017-10-01, 16:06:57

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm pretty new to this and would like to use the most commonly accepted method.

If i'm lighting scene with a corona sky and sun it is extremely bright by default.

Is it best do adjust the intensity directly and leave Exposure at the deafult of 0. Or it it best to leave the sun/sky intensity at 1 and compensate by adjusting the exposure in the VFB settings?

Cheers
R

2017-10-01, 17:05:05
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Simply use Exposure in Post within Corona VFB (it will remember the setting & set/sync with the c4d Render settings).
If you use latest daily you can play within Interactive rendering.

To test:
If you got any photography experience you can overwrite with Camera - set as if taking a photograph on a sunny day at the beach or alike.

2017-10-01, 18:27:08
Reply #2

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

If you got any photography experience you can overwrite with Camera - set as if taking a photograph on a sunny day at the beach or alike.

Coming with a photography background, this is my favourite way to work.

2017-10-01, 20:23:40
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nice ;)

In Corona Camera Tag settings under Exposure check Use photographic exposure and enjoy.

2017-10-01, 20:27:18
Reply #4

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And contrary to the Physical Camera with the Physical Sky in Physical Renderer (the native C4D one), the exposure settings really make sense. You can use actual data from EXIFs to adjust Corona to render like in a reference photo.

PS:
You can do this with physical renderer as well, but you will never really match the lighting situation there without adjusting the settings (a lot).

2017-10-01, 21:27:38
Reply #5

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your comments. Good to know thats the right way