Author Topic: Volume glass  (Read 2761 times)

2017-06-20, 16:11:28

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,
I should make a glass that looks like the one attached. I would like the color to become more intense as the thickness changes. What parameters are to be managed to get it? I did some tests but did not get a good result.

Leo

2017-06-20, 16:17:34
Reply #1

RED LAB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RED LAB
Hi Iglioma,
Do a glass material and in refraction put a light color. After to get a more intense color with the thicness, it's just a modeling thing. Make it thicker where ever you want.

2017-06-20, 16:23:01
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Absorption in the Volume part of the Corona Material. Adjusting absorption color and distance will allow you to tweak the result to your needs, depending on object scale etc! Sample image was just 2 passes, and I left reflection off to show the absorption more clearly, for glass you would of course want reflection too.

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-06-21, 08:27:20
Reply #3

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Iglioma,
Do a glass material and in refraction put a light color. After to get a more intense color with the thicness, it's just a modeling thing. Make it thicker where ever you want.

Absorption in the Volume part of the Corona Material. Adjusting absorption color and distance will allow you to tweak the result to your needs, depending on object scale etc! Sample image was just 2 passes, and I left reflection off to show the absorption more clearly, for glass you would of course want reflection too.

Thank you guys,
I do the tests and let you know.

Leo