Author Topic: Team Render libembree Crash mac  (Read 2466 times)

2017-05-09, 17:12:33

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi There,

Still can't get TR to work on anything more complex than a cube. Scenes with even simple geometry seem to start OK with loading of assets etc. then crash on the TR machine. Always libembree. I'm attaching a bug report. Rendering from Mac Pro Sierra, R18 latest with Corona May 5th build to Hackintosh Yosemite, R18 with Corona May 5th build.

Note that if I do make a super simple scene with a cube and daylight, then it works fine, so its not the hardware.

Thanks

2017-05-16, 10:12:09
Reply #1

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi rojharrisi,

do you have some other TR machine than Hackintosh? Could you please test TR on real Mac client? Because when I test TR even with the quite complicated scene it works for Mac -> Mac connection and for Mac -> Window connection too.

2017-05-16, 11:56:58
Reply #2

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola,

Yes, you're right. I fired up an old iMac and team render worked fine. So it must be the hackintosh. Its frustrating because at the end of the day it should behave just like a mac. Certainly when I try normal team render or VRay distributed it all runs perfectly. It always crashes at the point where its preparing the geometry, it never gets to the 'rtcCommit' line..

I guess I'll just have to live with the one machine doing the rendering. I'm going to try a full install of Cinema on the Hack and see if it renders within the app, as opposed to TR. I'll let you know.

Thanks
Roger

2017-05-16, 12:49:56
Reply #3

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola,

Yes, you're right. I fired up an old iMac and team render worked fine. So it must be the hackintosh. Its frustrating because at the end of the day it should behave just like a mac. Certainly when I try normal team render or VRay distributed it all runs perfectly. It always crashes at the point where its preparing the geometry, it never gets to the 'rtcCommit' line..

I guess I'll just have to live with the one machine doing the rendering. I'm going to try a full install of Cinema on the Hack and see if it renders within the app, as opposed to TR. I'll let you know.

Thanks
Roger
I would rather try to install windows on your Hackintosh (not Apple hardware) instead of hacked macOS and use the Corona for Cinema4D for windows because both licences (Corona and also Cinema) are transferable i.e. they are not tied to the operating system when you use the correct number of licences. Embree is a very sophisticated library which detects used instruction set during run time to be able to run on given architecture as fast as possible and your hacked macOS may report wrong processor parameters to embree because it is not the official way how to run macOS operating system.

2017-05-16, 13:02:47
Reply #4

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, ok well windows never runs properly for me. Windows 10 will just about install but never finds updates and never works properly. I spent months trying to get it to work but in the end gave up and ran the machine as a hackintosh just so I wasn't wasting the hardware. Even a total wipe and re-install fails with windows so I'm not going to risk it again. I don't need ultra fast speed often as most of my work is stills, especially the Corona stuff. I'll just stick to the mac pro (even that is an old 2010 souped up model!).

Thanks anyway,
Roger

p.s. I does crash from a Cinema install too, so not just TR