Author Topic: Incremental output for progressive render  (Read 3258 times)

2012-10-18, 09:55:13

Oltskul

• Active Users
  • "Whoa, that is lot of boxes!" Adam West
    • View Profile
Hi,

- INCREMENTAL OUTPUT for progressive rendering

I thing it would be great, to have this small feature implemented. It would save result imagese in time-lapse fashion. So I can clearly se whene the image is "baked" and ok.

At some point your image can't  improve or does iprove in massively small way. Therefore it would be awesome to have some sample slideshow.

Let me explain: I have progressive rendedring set for eight hours. Good night and see you at the morning! HA! The image is ready for shipping! But ten more snapshots are required. But what if i told you, that image was ready in 4 hours.

To get to my point, it would be great to set some time value - lets say 10minutes. And every ten minutes Corona would create and save snapshot of VBF. Anfter eight hours I will get 48 images - pick right rendering time and not i single second more.

settings:

time span [hours] [minutes] [seconds]
render emelements [on / off] - saves only VBF or saves all passes

and if it would be possible, to save files with sequence number (for better easier preview in comp soft)

Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-10-18, 11:14:35
Reply #1

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I've asked for this with most of the unbiased/progressive style renderers.
It would be handy, and interesting to see the difference between passes/samples.

2012-10-18, 11:25:24
Reply #2

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm liking that idea, but maybe save out at xxx passes option also?

2012-10-18, 11:44:19
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
On a "singleframe-workstation" basis, this should be possible by scripting. I thought about something like that, too some weeks ago but didn't have time to test it
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-01-31, 23:57:11
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Already implemented ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)