Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D road map released  (Read 12048 times)

2016-08-03, 14:28:35

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

Very pleased to say that the Corona for Cinema 4D road map is now open to the public!

https://trello.com/b/dgI8vjDb/corona-road-map-cinema-4d

This follows the same format as the road map for 3ds Max, and can be used to see what we are working on with the expected release dates so that you can keep an eye on all of that. We'll keep it updated, and it can be your "go to" source for the latest info on dates and features.

Thanks!
   Tom
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-08-03, 14:52:52
Reply #1

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting this Tom. I was just going to ask what the latest was as its gone a bit quiet of late. Sad that its going to be end of Sep for release but at the same time there are a lot of new features in there so its going to be the biggest release yet. I can't think what we would be missing after these assuming they all work correctly from the get go? Maybe the PBR implementation that is hopefully underway for the max version.

I wonder, if adaption and the new VFB is marked as done could there be an interim 5.5 release? The adaption will help speed our interior renderings up I'm sure.

Thanks
Rob

2016-08-03, 15:53:23
Reply #2

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom, I echo what Rob said above.

I'm also really looking forward to trying out the new post effect filters that are done too.

2016-08-03, 16:03:34
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Apologies for the quiet time, has been a busy time of year, plus we really wanted to get this trello board up and running as the one stop shop for the latest info on development for C4D, and that way we have one central location for all the news on progress, so we held off on any piecemeal announcements and waited to have the board updated and running smoothly.

Yes, a lot going in to the this next Alpha, will be some major updates and features in there! Better the disappointment of a later release date than the disappointment of something not working as well as it could, and we'll always aim to release as soon as we can based on getting things up to the standards we (and you) expect! As ever, we welcome your input and ideas so feel free to share.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-08-03, 16:32:29
Reply #4

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great to have some news from the upcoming realease!

2016-08-03, 16:36:11
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Greatly appreciated guys! I can't stress how useful this is even if it is just a hint of what the plan is :) Awesome!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2016-08-03, 16:50:04
Reply #6

iNevestenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...As ever, we welcome your input and ideas so feel free to share.

It is necessary to eliminate this bug - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12540.0.html

2016-08-03, 16:58:41
Reply #7

machmirdenlukas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nice!!
thx for update!
cheerz rob

2016-08-04, 13:14:57
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congrats and thank you for all your work.

Regarding the new R18...
Are you also testing on the new version? Do you expect any problems? Will you take advantage of viewport improvements?

Keep it up and enjoy the summer!

2016-08-04, 14:06:02
Reply #9

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, we are testing on R18 we are even developing the OS X version on it. According to changes in viewport we are exploring what it will mean for us now.

2016-08-04, 14:09:27
Reply #10

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is necessary to eliminate this bug - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12540.0.html

This bug is connected to bump mapping. We are working on bump mapping right now.

2016-08-12, 13:30:50
Reply #11

iNevestenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-08-15, 14:07:51
Reply #12

iNevestenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is the information updated?

2016-08-17, 09:53:03
Reply #13

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is the information updated?

We are still working on the fix. Sometimes fix of one bug is connected to rewriting the large part of the code but such rewrite is needed to fix a group of bugs and improve the stability of plugin. We will immediately inform you when bugfix will be ready for testing. I would like to ask you for patience.

Thank you

2016-08-17, 21:27:22
Reply #14

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think what iNevestenk means was because in the link for the roadmap you have a realease date of alfa 5.2 12.8.2016 (top left corner)