Author Topic: Distributed rendering  (Read 2245 times)

2020-11-06, 10:09:09

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

I would like to ask anybody if there is a way how to use the distributed rendering in the interactive VFB mode in Cinema C4D. I can use the team rendering to picture viewer, but it is good just for the final rendering. Obviously it is necessary to use more CPUs while preparing the materials and lights to be enough efficient. I used Octane before and it allowed network rendering almost since the beginning. Maybe it is possible to use DR in Cinema already, but I didn't find any clue how to use it. If somebody knows a solution, please let me know.
If that is still not possible I would like to ask, if there is a certain date/release when DR will bo possible in the interactive mode so I can prepare more complex scenes in Corona without waiting so long for previews. Many thanks for any information.

Best regards

2020-11-06, 11:01:04
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

team rendering for IR is not supported and is not planned in the forseeable future.

Sorry for the bad news,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2020-11-06, 13:22:17
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
(as a note, Interactive Rendering would no longer be interactive, because you would have to wait for the scene and all materials to be bundled up and sent to each node, and add in transfer time for the results from each node to be sent back and all composited together - so it would defeat the point of IR if you had to wait for stuff :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-11-09, 23:25:08
Reply #3

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply. These are really bad news. I was used to render with Octane before Corona and DR with interactive rendering was working well there. You could connect all available PCs in the office and it got pretty fast then. So I hoped it might be possible with Corona in Cinema as well. It is a bit shame because sometimes you have a spare PC in the office with some extra computation power and when there is a time pressure (actually it would help always) during setting up the scene these extra computation power would help you to set up the scene before midnight, go home and pick up the result in the morning. I am really sorry to hear about this current and future limitation, because my colleague switched from Octane to Fstorm and he can still use DR in IR as well.