Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

CoronaMultiMap seed changes with animated camera

(1/3) > >>

dzintas:
Got a problem with a animation where materials with multimap changes between frames. Wanted to clarify few things without creating new topic.
My guess this happens cause seed number is set to 0, so when rendering each node just randomly uses different seed number?
If so then changing seed to something like 123456 would lock it in and material wouldn't change in between frames?
Problem happens only with objects that are animated, if it's just moving camera then materials don't shift around.

TomG:
Definitely a case where a new thread would be better ;)

romullus:
Shouldn't happen, AFAIK 0 in Corona is just another valid seed, unlike in some other programs where seed 0, or -1 means random seed on each evaluation.

Splitting and moving the messages to bug reporting board.

dzintas:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2024-04-24, 15:06:07 ---Shouldn't happen, AFAIK 0 in Corona is just another valid seed, unlike in some other programs where seed 0, or -1 means random seed on each evaluation.

Splitting and moving the messages to bug reporting board.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for cleaning up my mess, and clarification!
Tried changing to some specific seed value, and as you mentioned bug still happens. Maybe less but just could be a different pattern.
Then its maybe problem with my setup. It's tyflow animated object, exported to vray proxy.
Maybe vray proxy part causes problems? It's building shaped boxes with a lot materials for facades, roofs, etc. Plus color variations for diffuse, with multimap that causes problems.

romullus:
If you are able to provide simplified scene where the issue can be reliably repeated, i think that would be very helpful for the team to identify and maybe fix the issue. https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version