Author Topic: How to achieve realism for car front and tail lights ?  (Read 4969 times)

2018-01-31, 19:44:10

eros11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How to achieve realism for car front and tail lights ? I was searching for that but i couldnt find any valuable information about that...I really need professional artists advices please help me what should i use for front and tail lights ? Can you guys give me a detailed information...
www.hudayikarapinar.com    /  Instagram @hudayikarapinar

2018-01-31, 20:16:33
Reply #1

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Your question doesn't imply that it has anything to do with corona or c4d, so this could be a very broad topic.
Could you please help narrow it down by being a bit more specific?
An image of your current attempt or at least a description would be helpful.

2018-01-31, 21:50:19
Reply #2

eros11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just want to know about lighing/shading not modelling, you can look at attachment below which is i created before with corona (porsche ) and i want to know how i can create other examples like nissan and audi

2018-01-31, 22:01:22
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
For those types of lights, I don't see why a Corona light material applied to geometry wouldn't work.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-01-31, 22:11:50
Reply #4

eros11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i used corona light material in my work which is first attachment

2018-01-31, 22:16:52
Reply #5

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
If I understand this correctly, then you're mostly missing illumination from the lights and maybe some volumetric effects?
I think a crn light material (+ some directionality)behind some glass(a bit rough in the refr. channel) and maybe a bit dispersion could do the trick.
For the volumetrics, put it inside a box with a volumetric material or apply the mat. in the global volume slot scene environment of the render settings.
If you're looking for a specific light pattern on the ground, that is not guaranteed and I'd use a crn light with an IES file applied.
Exclude possible blocking elements in the exclude list of the light.

Another thing is that it's very unlikely they rendered those images purely in the beauty pass and then sent those out. Post processing in PS/AE etc. is essential.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-31, 22:26:47 by Eddoron »

2018-01-31, 22:35:31
Reply #6

eros11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you explain more about dispersion please , i didnt understand because im kind of newbie

2018-01-31, 22:58:26
Reply #7

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile

I think this should help you: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000039646-how-to-enable-dispersion-

You'll find a little bit of dispersion in most glass-like materials. the dispersion value (abbe) determines the amount. the smaller the value, the more dispersion you get.

Here you can find the values: https://refractiveindex.info/?shelf=3d&book=crystals&page=diamond

2018-01-31, 23:14:32
Reply #8

eros11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for your help :)