Author Topic: C4D beta still on target?  (Read 24235 times)

2017-02-10, 18:01:10

Brandroid

• Users
    • View Profile
I recently started following development here, and I'm eagerly awaiting the beta (and V1) release of Corona. The roadmap lists Q1 as the target for the first beta. Is that still on target? End of Q1 is fast approaching. Are daily builds available to the public yet?

2017-02-14, 18:28:28
Reply #1

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
While we are about it: Will the first beta still be free or will there at least be a trial?

2017-02-16, 20:15:22
Reply #2

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
While we are about it: Will the first beta still be free or will there at least be a trial?

I am really curious.

2017-02-17, 10:19:46
Reply #3

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We are intensively working on it. We successfully incorporated all changes from new Corona core and we are working on fixes for interactive rendering now. We expect that first daily build will be released in 1 or 2 weeks. And yes, beta will be still for free.

2017-02-17, 23:48:28
Reply #4

hdri3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great news

Thank for you hard works

2017-02-18, 05:52:50
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Absolutely great news!
Can't wait to see how you solved material stacking!

Thx a lot for your reply.

2017-02-21, 13:24:20
Reply #6

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im still getting consistent crashing with displacement materials but finding that generally the larger the scene the more consistent the crashing. Sometimes its fine on a preview scene but bring it in to the main large scene and usually crashes it just before the first pass starts.

2017-02-21, 13:37:40
Reply #7

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Im still getting consistent crashing with displacement materials but finding that generally the larger the scene the more consistent the crashing. Sometimes its fine on a preview scene but bring it in to the main large scene and usually crashes it just before the first pass starts.

Same, can't work with displacement in larger scene or complexes geometrys.

2017-02-21, 13:48:52
Reply #8

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im glad its not just me! I've been getting some mileage out of normal maps with substance but its not a permanent replacement solution. I've lost many hours pulling my hair out on the displacement bug but at least I know now its the first thing I check.

2017-02-21, 18:24:30
Reply #9

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D
i hope you will solve displacment crash, mainly with substance shader

2017-02-22, 12:42:29
Reply #10

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am sorry for displacement crashing. This is definitely high priority bug for us. Could someone create the large scene which causes the crashing and send it to us so we can open it and immediately see the crash? We would be very grateful.

2017-02-22, 17:59:44
Reply #11

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
I am sorry for displacement crashing. This is definitely high priority bug for us. Could someone create the large scene which causes the crashing and send it to us so we can open it and immediately see the crash? We would be very grateful.

Yes i can send u a scene.

2017-02-22, 18:40:57
Reply #12

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

So please send me private message with link to the scene. Thank you.

2017-02-23, 12:24:12
Reply #13

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :

So please send me private message with link to the scene. Thank you.

Good Nikolat ?

2017-02-23, 12:39:35
Reply #14

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Good Nikolat ?

Yes, thank you for the scene be_rmi. Actually it doesn't crash on my computer, but I have an idea what can be wrong and I am trying to reproduce it.